Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Accidental contact with Ex

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by bighair
    To Canuck - when you remove someone from Whatsapp, you remove them as a contact from your device. Or, didn't you know that? Also, I determine what is useful for my life. No one else.
    That was a unnecessary response. I did not know that either, as i rarely use the application. I would have thought that blocking and deleting would have been the most effective avenue, if he treated you so badly.

No harm, no foul. A brief exchange and then nothing more.
    then explained the call was an accident.. He didn't write back. it hurts a little that he didn't write back but I didn't mean to call him to begin with.

Silver Member
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    That was a unnecessary response. I did not know that either, as i rarely use the application. I would have thought that blocking and deleting would have been the most effective avenue, if he treated you so badly.
    Well, by removing him completely, I don't run into the danger of butt dialing him on the phone or an app like Whatsapp. He hasn't called me since the break up and didn't call me after this outbreak. The only reason we even had contact was because of my butt dial. I don't think he will respond, and yes, that does hurt to think about. But, it is what it is.

And, I responded the way that I did because ultimately I have to decide how to deal with my ex. I know myself and the situation better than anyone else. Deleting him as a contact seems like the best option.

Silver Member
    Originally Posted by HeartGoesOn
    I was not being harsh, however if that was your impression, I apologize. I do feel you're being overly defensive, and it may be helpful to read into that.
    Thank you for saying that. Apologies to you as well.

Wait you literally lost consciousness because he text you back? That's not good.

I removed him from Whatsapp.
    Good, you should have done that back when you split up. If you havent blocked him from calling you, that's your next step. Delete from any social media too.

Silver Member
    Originally Posted by j.man
    Wait you literally lost consciousness because he text you back? That's not good.
    No...not literally. Sheesh.

Bronze Member
    Just give this incident a little time to blow over. You extended an "olive branch" by letting him know that he can reach back out to you if he wanted to. Your feelings are hurt because he chose not to do so. And that is okay.

Yes you butt dialed him, it is what it is. You feel rejected all over again since he chose not to make contact. This too shall pass.

Something good did come out of this. At least now you know where you stand with him. He has moved on. So just get back to living your life as you did before you butt dialed him.

bighair, what would you like to see happen? You seem disappointed that he didn't text back or call. Are you open to re-opening a relationship?

Platinum Member
    I can totally understand where the OP is coming from. Sometimes we need to detach completely from someone we know will damage us, now and in the future - and that's where NC helps so much with the healing process. However, at some stage there must have been attraction, or love, or strong positive feelings, or there wouldn't have been a relationship in the first place, and getting over this loss happens in its own time irrespective of how we're growing in other ways, or, indeed taking a rational approach to moving on.

Sometimes it can be unsettling when the positive aspects get revisited unexpectedly. I had an ex where I split up after around 8 months, not one single regret about ending the relationship, and I would rather chew wasps than get involved with him again in any way. I was just aware of the fact that there were a couple of pieces of music which reminded me of him, and these could reduce me to tears. For a while. Then they didn't any more.

The OP has had a bit of a shock after a traumatic breakup, and it will soon fade away. It doesn't stop it being a shock right now, though, and it looks as though that was why she was seeking support on here. The breakup sounds as though it was highly emotionally charged, and to an extent this is true of the recent contact.

It's important to remember that we're talking about emotions here - and by definition, they're irrational.

To the OP: (((BIG HUGS)))

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice