Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56

Thread: Accidental contact with Ex

  1. #11
    Platinum Member ThatwasThen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Central Canada
    Posts
    14,625
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by bighair
    And, so we're clear...I didn't literally faint. But, I agree that I am not indifferent towards my ex....He was awful to me during the break up.
    Yes, I understand that you didn't really faint. So, are you going to block him? I suspect your ego won't let you do that because now you want to see if he is actually going to contact you... which is human nature I suppose but I will encourage you to be brave, tell you ego to shut it, take back your personal power from his hands and block so you don't know one way or the other. If he was awful to you, don't give him the ego boost by replying anyway, any further. You covered your mistake by telling him it was by accident that you contacted him so why not just close the door for good?

  2. #12
    Super Moderator HeartGoesOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    16,954
    Gender
    Female
    After answering your own question,"What's done is done but back to NC I go", why would you want to pursue this any further?

    Is it possible that all of the above replies are not what you were hoping to hear?

  3. #13
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    9,896
    Originally Posted by bighair
    I removed him from Whatsapp.
    This is rather useless if you haven't also blocked his number.

    And if he did indeed treat you badly during the break-up, I can't see why you wouldn't.

  4. #14
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    405
    I have no intention of telling him a second time. That wasn't even a question I had.

  5.  

  6. #15
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    405
    To Canuck - when you remove someone from Whatsapp, you remove them as a contact from your device. Or, didn't you know that? Also, I determine what is useful for my life. No one else.

  7. #16
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    405
    Originally Posted by HeartGoesOn
    After answering your own question,"What's done is done but back to NC I go", why would you want to pursue this any further?

    Is it possible that all of the above replies are not what you were hoping to hear?
    I always get a full range of responses on enotalone. Some useful. some not so useful. I think what always amazes me is someone's need to be as harsh as possible when replying and not fully reading, or even understanding, the OP. Now, I will be criticized for not wanting honest feedback.

    Well, what did you think I wanted to hear? That my ex was ecstatic that I called, he's been waiting for me to call him back? No. And, I don't think I ever said I wanted to pursue this further. Go back and read the post.

  8. #17
    Platinum Member ThatwasThen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Central Canada
    Posts
    14,625
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by bighair
    To Canuck - when you remove someone from Whatsapp, you remove them as a contact from your device. Or, didn't you know that? Also, I determine what is useful for my life. No one else.
    Well, that's rather dismissive. You are looking for advice on how to get over your "Ugh" Why not block the guy and get on with getting past the Ugh? Removing him from your device isn't going to stop you from overthinking... blocking him will close the door for good.

  9. #18
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    405
    Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Well, that's rather dismissive. You are looking for advice on how to get over your "Ugh" Why not block the guy and get on with getting past the Ugh? Removing him from your device isn't going to stop you from overthinking... blocking him will close the door for good.
    Funny...I thought you were dismissive. What does blocking do exactly? I can unblock him or I can add him again as a contact. I deleted his contact which is the way I chose to handle it.

  10. #19
    Platinum Member ThatwasThen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Central Canada
    Posts
    14,625
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by bighair
    Funny...I thought you were dismissive. What does blocking do exactly? I can unblock him or I can add him again as a contact. I deleted his contact which is the way I chose to handle it.
    Good then you've reached a conclusion to your thread.

    Be well.

  11. #20
    Super Moderator HeartGoesOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    16,954
    Gender
    Female
    I was not being harsh, however if that was your impression, I apologize. I do feel you're being overly defensive, and it may be helpful to read into that.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •