Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: I want the love of my life back. I want to go with him.

  1. #31
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    951
    Gender
    Female
    Actually I knew everything about him. His health conditions, his living situation, his pasts relationships, his family's life. His life His everything. He told me everything. You know what. I dont need this. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. All I know what's in my heart and If no one I mean no one can tell me otherwise. How to feel and what to feel. I dont need to be defending myself as to what my relationship was to him.

    So please if there is any Administrator on this site please shut down this post. I cant deal with this either.





    QUOTE=abitbroken;7206830]If you dated him for three months no way he was the love of your life. You didn't know him long enough to know it that would eventually be true. Since you dated him for 3 months, you were not in the loop about his health care or other situations. If you dated for years, and broke up recently, I get it -- but i think you are not really completely mourning him - you are mourning the fact of a potential chance or feeling cheated out of not ending on your terms. I am sorry that this happened, but you will find someone else. If you date thinking he was the love of your life, no man ever stands a chance.[/QUOTE]

  2. #32
    Platinum Member ThatwasThen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Central Canada
    Posts
    14,632
    Gender
    Female
    You are entitled to your feelings, no one is disputing that but why would you want to continue to swim in that pain? That to me is what needs to be addressed which is giving you guidance on how to get past your olympic swim in despair.

  3. #33
    Platinum Member figureitout23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,722
    Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    You are entitled to your feelings, no one is disputing that but why would you want to continue to swim in that pain? That to me is what needs to be addressed which is giving you guidance on how to get past your olympic swim in despair.
    Exactly.

    To feed your nearly suicidal thoughts over a guy that you did break up with is very dangerous.

    You broke up with him.

    You spoke of another guy you were going to meet the same day you found out about your exes death so you either had an incredibly open relationship or you were broken up.

    You stated you suffer from bipolar disorder and you also stated you have never had a good relationship, I think all that combined with whatís going on globally is really doing a number on your mental psyche right now.

    Please see someone. Iím not saying this with malice or judgement, I have my demons too, what I am saying is you were not with this man. Period. That is why you found out how you did. Please see someone to help you unpack everything youíre going through.

    I wish you luck.

  4. #34
    Platinum Member ThatwasThen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Central Canada
    Posts
    14,632
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by coolgirl
    Yea, I know. The thing is I'm already struggling financially at the moment. And the insurance I have is limited to the therapy there is. Right now I cant afford expensive therapy sessions. If you know of any websites where they have affordable therapist I'll be open to that option.

    Google it and go from there. If you don't like one, try another. Just do not lock yourself into a minimum number of sessions. If they require you to book several with your credit card then pass those up.

  5.  

  6. #35
    Platinum Member boltnrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    13,974
    Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Google it and go from there. If you don't like one, try another. Just do not lock yourself into a minimum number of sessions. If they require you to book several with your credit card then pass those up.
    There's also text therapy. Right now that could be a great way to do. You can find one who specializes in grief and loss.

  7. #36
    Silver Member LootieTootie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    California
    Age
    36
    Posts
    326
    Gender
    Female
    Sorry for your loss, OP. Grieving is tough and I hope you get through it. Have you any friends or family to talk to?

    I would strongly suggest you come back to this thread and read your posts again with a clearer head. Maybe a couple of weeks or months and just do some self-reflection.

    This second thread you posted about a man who you were on and off with in a span of 3 months but is the "love of your life" is a tell-tale sign that this has a lot to do with your inner issues than your boyfriend/someone's mortality.

  8. #37
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,856
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by coolgirl
    Actually I knew everything about him. His health conditions, his living situation, his pasts relationships, his family's life. His life His everything. He told me everything. You know what. I dont need this. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. All I know what's in my heart and If no one I mean no one can tell me otherwise. How to feel and what to feel. I dont need to be defending myself as to what my relationship was to him.

    So please if there is any Administrator on this site please shut down this post. I cant deal with this either.





    QUOTE=abitbroken;7206830]If you dated him for three months no way he was the love of your life. You didn't know him long enough to know it that would eventually be true. Since you dated him for 3 months, you were not in the loop about his health care or other situations. If you dated for years, and broke up recently, I get it -- but i think you are not really completely mourning him - you are mourning the fact of a potential chance or feeling cheated out of not ending on your terms. I am sorry that this happened, but you will find someone else. If you date thinking he was the love of your life, no man ever stands a chance.
    [/QUOTE]

    He may have told you what his health situation was, but you were not a decision maker, someone who he designated to be in the loop with doctors, involved in his appointments. You were someone he dated for 3 months - his family were the people who were directly hands on. You were not someone who the hospital would notify. That's what i meant. Please see this for what it is.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Videos


Why Young People Don't Rush To Marry? They Fear Divorce

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •