LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I lost my interest

Platinum Member
    I used to give it four dates if I was on the fence - and if by then I didn't desire to kiss him or enjoy kissing him I'd move on. I've met several happily married couples who didn't feel it until further into dating.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    I used to give it four dates if I was on the fence - and if by then I didn't desire to kiss him or enjoy kissing him I'd move on. I've met several happily married couples who didn't feel it until further into dating.
    I agree... not everyone expereinces love at first sight in every relationship... while i know, when I'm just not intetested. That feeling is pretty obvious and strong. Being on the fence is the more realistic response to meeting someone new.

And I think people get more attractive, as your connection to them grows, through time spent together. I've experienced that many times. Even with men I had no romantic feelings for. It eas getting to see how smart or funny or kind they are behind the person's outer shell and personality.

I'd give her a chance, unless your feeling like your doing her a favor or something... cause that's wasting her time.

Thanks everyone for your advice, as I said I was initially attracted to him, and I still think he's attractive, but it's true the chemistry is not very present. I don't find him stimulating enough, if that makes sense. I agree there was too much texting, I think he was texting me a lot to keep it alive during the lockdown but it just doesn't work for me.
    The thing is I was really excited before we actually met because unlike other guys on dating apps, he didn't want to hook up so I was excited I could have a real conversation with a man. So when I started to lose my interest it was a little frustrating because he looks so 'perfect'.
    Someone mentioned me pining after bad boys, it's true I am attracted to confident guys but I'm over the bad boys phase.
    It just felt nice to meet someone like him but I guess I just can't pretend there's a spark when I don' feel it.
    The other thing is I do tend to crush on unavailable guys, but I also had a few meaningful relationships with guys I was interested in.

Sounds reasonable. He didn't try to kiss me or anything, he just texted me shortly after the date that he hopes to see me soon.

So it might be you need someone emotionally distant to feel excited and/or his personality might be too chill for you -yet perfect for someone else.
    Yes, his personality is probably a little too chill for me I don't know, there's just something missing.

The way to approach a successful relationship is first to see if you can be just friends for 2-years. The idea is to create a foundation where both can fall in love with each other and work out if you are compatible for the next x amount of years. I am sure he likes you, he is always replying to you but if you are getting fed up then that's a red flag for him.

The good news is that this is a good time to not be ready to date.

[QUOTE=Wiseman2;7206853]The good news is that this is a good time to not be ready to date.[/QUOTE

Hahaha, funny because itís true. 🤷♂️ it off and remember, 8pm is the official time to change from your daytime pajamas into your nighttime pajamas.

Platinum Member
    [QUOTE=Skeptic76;7206879]
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    The good news is that this is a good time to not be ready to date.[/QUOTE

Hahaha, funny because itís true. 🤷♂️ it off and remember, 8pm is the official time to change from your daytime pajamas into your nighttime pajamas.
    Love this!!!
    Another thing I came up with -Neil Diamond changed the lyrics to Sweet Caroline to reflect the new coronavirus handwashing stuff - so I came up with Sweet Clean-up Time for our son -may try that today!

Lol. Now you can add "date pajamas" to that.👕 Virtual dating is taking off during this corona thing😷💻.
    Originally Posted by Skeptic76
    Hahaha, funny because itís true. 🤷 it off and remember, 8pm is the official time to change from your daytime pajamas into your nighttime pajamas.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Videos

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men

Why Young People Don't Rush To Marry? They Fear Divorce

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?
Give Advice
Ask For Advice