LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help

Help

Me and my boyfriend had been together for nearly 8 years last week we had an argument over how he treats me he can be quite controlling and he blocked me from all form of contact hes done this threw out the whole relationship everytime weve argued then contacted me after a few days the past three months hes done it three times for a week at a time and only spoken to me because Ive messaged him from a friends phone which he usually blocks aswell before hell speak to me Im trying to move on but finding it really difficult breaking down all the time

Bronze Member
    My condolences. Being treated like that by a severely emotionally stunted adult is one of the worst feelings.

You've spent far too long with a man who treats you badly.

Stop chasing him.

Don't run after him, don't beg your friends to use their phone to contact him, don't allow him back in your life. You know he's bad for you, you know he enjoys blocking you and upsetting you. Find the strength in you to not keep running back to this man.

He will never change and how he treats you will never change. Only you can change whether you continue to allow it or not.

How old are you guys?

Platinum Member
    You need to end this. He is emotionally abusive. This guy is manipulative and controlling, and has shown you that he does not love or respect you. You don't deserve this. He will not change.

The good news is you don't live together and aren't married so you can easily extricate yourself from this. He has done you a great favor blocking you. Focus on positive, productive things in your life. work, school, interests friends family etc. Get fit and healthy. Improve your overall emotional and physical health.

Now all you have to do is delete and block him and all his people from all your devices, messaging apps and social medial.

Stop stalking him from friends accounts. Ask your parents to take you to a doctor/therapist if you tend to be obsessive or have poor self esteem.
    Originally Posted by GeorgiaC
    Me and my boyfriend had been together for nearly 8 years
    he blocked me from all form of contact hes done this threw out the whole relationship
    Ive messaged him from a friends phone which he usually blocks aswell

With no more contact, each day will become easier. Be patient with yourself, because after 8 years together, you will need a minimum of about 4 months before you stop thinking of him daily, but rest assured it will happen if you stay no contact and don't ask friends about him. A controller should be on the new dealbreaker list I suggest you write. I don't recommend dating until you find happiness solo, but when you do, I hope you've learned to cut the losers loose as soon as you see the dealbreaker. Also make a must-have list and stick to it for better success in the future. Take care.

That's one heck of a long run on sentence.

Sounds like you are better off without this guy.

Platinum Member
    Delete and block all contact with this creep!

You find it difficult to move on from being treated poorly?

Let me guess, in the beginning he was really nice. I'm also guessing that stopped a long time ago.

This is the "real" him, not the guy he was pretending to be in the beginning.

Please do not go crawling back to him. He will continue to treat you like crap forever if you let him. Don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice