Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dating during Corona Virus

What happens when spring fever and cabin fever collide? 🤯

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    What happens when spring fever and cabin fever collide? 🤯
    You make either prudent or foolish choices and decisions at that point. Best to err on the side of caution and use common sense.

We're working from home, my husband and I take walks in our residential neighborhood and along golf courses while avoiding everyone. Sparse, random pedestrians do likewise.

Our house's refrigerator-freezer, kitchen pantry, garage refrigerator-freezer, garage pantry and garage storage cabinets are stocked so we're ok.

As for dating during COVID-19 pandemic, take a break from dating, stay home, wash your hands, sanitize everything, don't touch your face and better safe than sorry!

Silver Member
    I was wondering this too just now. Despite what the heart may desire, the rational me knows that meeting people at the moment is irresponsible. So that's out. But for how long are people going to be able to abstain from physical contact? We're talking several months... These are definitely uncharted waters.

If you are already dating someone I guess you could watch a movie simultaneously and discuss it, have video chats, play video games together and all that.

Platinum Member
    The most I would do is meet someone for a walk where you chat while standing 6 feet apart. I chatted with my friend yesterday that way when we saw each other on the street.

I mean currently I am afraid to leave my house so I think dating would be out of the question if I were single. Right now I am just chilling and finding things to do at home, and spending the energy I do have connecting with my friends and family over phone/Zoom/FaceTime.

If you're willing to risk infecting yourself or others just for a chance to meet a stranger, that's pretty desperate.

I'd maybe plug in for a quick Skype now and then to screen out or screen in people to meet in the future, but I'd limit all contact to that rather than build cyber fantasies 'around' someone I don't even know.

Buck up. We're all depending on it.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by maew
    I mean currently I am afraid to leave my house so I think dating would be out of the question if I were single. Right now I am just chilling and finding things to do at home, and spending the energy I do have connecting with my friends and family over phone/Zoom/FaceTime.
    I am not staying in my house all day because that would be very unhealthy for me -I am doing my daily power walk, complete social distance. My 85 year old mother is taking walks every day in the same circumstance, different city. One of us is taking out our son every day for walks, socially distanced. For me it's essential for mental health and exercise. I can exercise at home if needed and even the governor of the state where things are the worst told people to still go out for a solitary walk to be outdoors for mental health. Totally fine if you feel scared but it's not a risky activity in an uncrowded space. I wouldn't go for a walk with anyone else other than my immediate family (husband and son, that's it).

If I were single I very likely would meet no one unless he wanted to do that 6 plus feet apart walk for a half hour outside. I doubt anyone would want to.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    I am not staying in my house all day because that would be very unhealthy for me -I am doing my daily power walk, complete social distance. My 85 year old mother is taking walks every day in the same circumstance, different city. One of us is taking out our son every day for walks, socially distanced. For me it's essential for mental health and exercise. I can exercise at home if needed and even the governor of the state where things are the worst told people to still go out for a solitary walk to be outdoors for mental health. Totally fine if you feel scared but it's not a risky activity in an uncrowded space. I wouldn't go for a walk with anyone else other than my immediate family (husband and son, that's it).

If I were single I very likely would meet no one unless he wanted to do that 6 plus feet apart walk for a half hour outside. I doubt anyone would want to.
    I hear you! it is how I reduce stress. I need my 10.000 steps for my sanity.

Platinum Member
    Not sure why you’d be considering dating right now. Sounds about as compelling as chewing a mouth full of thumb tacks dipped in plutonium.

Message, chat online, Skype calls...they all seem perfectly fine right now.

Loads of people sex cam and send naked pics, just keeping it real....you can too if you really feel the urge.

But STAY HOME. No meeting up anywhere.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice