Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: close friend is now dating

Not entirely true and very insensitive. And people say 'women are the gentler race' lol

It sounds to me like, there just wasn't that physical chemistry. I learned that the very hard way last year. Much like you, I dated a woman. We had that "emotional" connection big time. On that level, I was crazy about her. We even cuddled going to the movies one day. I mean, everything felt *perfect* about it. Finally, the day came where we kissed (and made out as well...). And, I felt nothing. I can't explain it. I just felt this wave of nothingness when I kissed her. She wanted to do more than make out, and I just wasn't feeling it at all. I was completely turned off by this woman. It kind of crushed me, because on that emotional side, I was so into this woman. But my body didn't want it, lol. That physiological side.

That whole experience made my head spin, I even went through a sexuality crisis after that that lasted months, even going OCD over it. After months and months of therapy (and meds...), I've come to realize that, I still love women. You're lucky you didn't go through that! But the point is, it's just, you don't always click with people. They may check all the boxes but on that physical side, it's just not enough. You said you were trying to feel something but couldn't. That's how I was. You just can't force it. I just broke off with a woman that was the opposite. I was crazy about her physically, but the emotional connection wasn't quite there. Here lifestyle and attitude towards me just wasn't satisfying me emotionally.

Both you and her deserve to be with someone that is crazy about them on all levels. I want someone that am I am absolutely crazy for physically. I want someone that sets me on fire when we kiss. I think everyone is the same deep down. I don't think anyone should ever settle for less. Because, the longer time goes by, you'll never be fully happy with that person. I would even say that, it even opens the door for cheating down the road. When you're not physically satisfied with someone, you may start to look elsewhere for that satisfaction.

Originally Posted by ignite
    And I think this virus crisis just enhances the emotions and feelings of singleness and being alone. I just wish I had someone with me during this time. I've been single for a long time, years.
    I hear you, buddy. I've been alone pretty much forever, too. And this corona crap is certainly making me feel worse. Just know, you're not alone in that feeling. The entire WORLD is going through this right now. If you're still working, still got a home, still have a life so far with this virus, you should be extremely grateful. So many peoples lives have been flipped upside down by this pandemic. At least your worries appear to be just loneliness and heartbreak. It's times like these that you have to be grateful for what you already have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice