I've just found out my Sister has breast cancer

shellyf62

My Sister had her first ever mammogram a couple of weeks ago.

In Australia, every woman over 50 gets screened for free every couple of years.

They found a cyst and 2 small masses, so she was called to go back to have a biopsy.

The results came back today, it is positive, and she has to go to her Dr and get a referral to a surgeon.

Im in a state of shock and feel so sad.

Just needed to tell someone :icon_sad:

I am sorry. The good news is that breast cancer found early is no longer a death sentence far from it. In fact my mother in law survived breast cancer TWICE. 25 years ago and again last year at 84!

It is a shock nonetheless and leaves one feeling hurt and devastated. Sending healing thoughts to your sister.❤️

I am sorry. Cancer is scary.

If breast cancer is found early, it is highly survivable. My mom had a mastectomy 30 years back-no radiation or chemo-and has no reoccurrence. I have also had friends who have had treatment and are doing great.

https://ww5.komen.org/?cl=direct&utm_campaign=rkd_fy20&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&attr=rkd_search_google&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjcfzBRCHARIsAO-1_Oqd1hxtnRSsuTBqXd19XTTUTxc7nrytdEubgamzYCV6vsR1wcqRGiwaAmoeEALw_wcB

https://www.cancercare.org

As we all get older, the incidence of breast cancer increases. I know many women - friends and acquaintances - who have had breast cancer; every single one of them has made a full recovery.

It doesn't stop that horrible feeling of panic and dread, though, when you first hear the news.

Sending love and healing thoughts to you all.

I'm sorry, shellyf62.

Since they caught it early, your sister will be in good hands.

My MIL (mother-in-law) had surgery to remove small growths. It was called a lumpectomy and she's fine. Hopefully, it's the same story for your sister and she will have a very high recovery rate because she caught it early.

Take good care of your health, too, shellyf62.

My mother-in-law had her first mastectomy at 60. And then she was on tamoxifen for five years. And then she had her second mastectomy at 84. Breast cancer killed her mother but that was in 1971 which is vastly different from now. But my sister-in-law gets checked yearly. Few years ago though she had colon cancer. So my husband had to be checked as well but he was fine.

Archived