Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend doesnt trust me. Will he leave?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Rosiebabe97
    He does keep my needs and wants met and shows me he values me.
    This sounds fulfilling:

"He has also stopped doing little things he used to do, like at the beginning he would cook for me and take me out and just general date night type things but now he doesnt do anything. Hes moody all the time. He lives with family but i moved into his room"
    You live in his room at his parents house? How old is he?

" i know he doeant trust me anymore. He checks my phone and we argue over me speaking to other guys even though its just general everyday talk."

Sounds like a great guy. Doesn't pay child support and is attempting reconciliation with the ex. Your picker is way off in the man department.

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    This mystery man is his ex, OP.

Surely you have already figured that out and don't need anyone to spell it out for you.

Anyway, this guy is a chump. You need to raise your standards and get rid of him. The alternative is that you stick around until he gets back together with his ex. It's already happening.
    No, we already thought that for a good while but there is no way it can be. He was ready to meet with my boyfriend to prove it was true. And he knows things about me that there is just no way she would know. On some occasions he knew where i was when i was out of town for a few hours, knows what car i drive, where i live, what birth control i use. I have never met her and she does not know anyone i know to find these things out. And he was with her some of the times it was happening.

How is it already happening, they have only spent a couple of hours together with the children?

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    This sounds fulfilling:

"He has also stopped doing little things he used to do, like at the beginning he would cook for me and take me out and just general date night type things but now he doesnt do anything. Hes moody all the time. He lives with family but i moved into his room"
    You live in his room at his parents house? How old is he?

" i know he doeant trust me anymore. He checks my phone and we argue over me speaking to other guys even though its just general everyday talk."

Sounds like a great guy. Doesn't pay child support and is attempting reconciliation with the ex. Your picker is way off in the man department.
    In what way is he attempting reconcilliation?

And no he doesnt live with his parents but he does live with a family member. He is 26

Question: Does your boyfriend know all these things about you? Where you were out of town, the car you drive, the birth control you use? If so, he told her, she became “him”...

See the math here? “He” was ready to meet your boyfriend, but who opted not to meet?

Originally Posted by bluecastle
    Question: Does your boyfriend know all these things about you? Where you were out of town, the car you drive, the birth control you use? If so, he told her, she became “him”...

See the math here? “He” was ready to meet your boyfriend, but who opted not to meet?
    He does know but i know he wouldnt have told her as he has told me he doesnt speak about me to her. And at the time that he knew where i was they had not been in any kind of contact for a number of weeks.
    And it was my boyfriend who chose not to meet as he said he believed me. He asked the guy to send him his location via snapchat so as to know he was telling the truth about where he said he was at the time as he said he was out of town for the day and would meet the following day. At this point he was still in contact with his ex and had met up with her that day 50 miles or so from where the guys location showed. So due to too many things she wouldnt know and the location we ruled her out.

We have thought of a number of people we believed it could be but have ruled them all out for various reasons. My partner has now stopped talking about it and trying to help me find out as he is starting to believe it is true because they just know too much. I have threatened to go to the police and ask to track the ip and they still continue to do it. It has been going on for about 5 months now on and off. But they dont message me or anyone i know anymore and they dont post my name just statuses that are clearly about me

I’m sorry, but I really don’t think you understand the quicksand you’ve stepped in.

Think about it. Unless you were cheating on him, telling some guy these intimate details, who else could it be? Who else, save him, (a) knew this information and (b) knew someone with skin in the game?

Platinum Member
    He does know but i know he wouldnt have told her as he has told me he doesnt speak about me to her. And at the time that he knew where i was they had not been in any kind of contact for a number of weeks.
    And it was my boyfriend who chose not to meet as he said he believed me. He asked the guy to send him his location via snapchat so as to know he was telling the truth about where he said he was at the time as he said he was out of town for the day and would meet the following day. At this point he was still in contact with his ex and had met up with her that day 50 miles or so from where the guys location showed. So due to too many things she wouldnt know and the location we ruled her out.
    Oh, Rosie. You need to wake up, hon. I have a hard time believing you're actually falling for any of this.

If it's not her (because unbeknownst to you, they're a lot closer than you think), or it's your boyfriend himself. It's manufactured drama, and one of those two is behind it. I promise you. It's either her to get him to leave you, or it's him staging a ridiculous trap to test you and now he's back-pedaling because he knows it's a complete fabrication and you have nothing to confess. Of course he didn't meet up with this mystery man; he knows darn well this person doesn't exist.

It does, however, give him a convenient reason to keep you at arm's length and eventually dump you - and blame it all on you. Are there easier ways out? Of course. But he doesn't sound like a well-adjusted or intelligent individual, so you can never be too surprised by convoluted behaviour.

You don't want to believe any of this. You're making a choice.

It's too bad because this is not going to end well for you.

I know, you think everything's fine and you will end up happy with him. But the odds are very strong against a happy ending.

Originally Posted by bluecastle
    I’m sorry, but I really don’t think you understand the quicksand you’ve stepped in.

Think about it. Unless you were cheating on him, telling some guy these intimate details, who else could it be? Who else, save him, (a) knew this information and (b) knew someone with skin in the game?
    Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    Oh, Rosie. You need to wake up, hon. I have a hard time believing you're actually falling for any of this.

If it's not her (because unbeknownst to you, they're a lot closer than you think), or it's your boyfriend himself. It's manufactured drama, and one of those two is behind it. I promise you. It's either her to get him to leave you, or it's him staging a ridiculous trap to test you and now he's back-pedaling because he knows it's a complete fabrication and you have nothing to confess. Of course he didn't meet up with this mystery man; he knows darn well this person doesn't exist.

It does, however, give him a convenient reason to keep you at arm's length and eventually dump you - and blame it all on you. Are there easier ways out? Of course. But he doesn't sound like a well-adjusted or intelligent individual, so you can never be too surprised by convoluted behaviour.
    I dont believe it is either of them. The arguments we have had over it would suggest it is not my boyfriend and i really cant see how it can be his ex. I have a few friends who would know those things so it could be anyone.

Im confused as to why everyone seems sure that they are already getting back together or that he is cheating when they have spent so little time together

Please see my previous post.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice