Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to tell a friend I slept with her ex

It's the wrong thing to do. It's TMI. Why bother her with this info? Are you jealous that she has a new happy relationship and you're hooking up with randoms?
    Originally Posted by Amebede
    My best friend had broken up with him about two years ago and is now in a happy relationship.

Me and this guy got drunk last night and it unexpectedly happened. I believe the right thing is to let my friend know

I'm with those that said only tell her if you are going to be dating and it leads to bf/gf dynamic. Otherwise, why would you tell her about anyone you just happened to have sex with? Loose lips sink ships.

Platinum Member
    You had a one night stand out of convenience it seems.

And you want to tell your ďbestĒ friend?
    I get that you want to tell your friend about your night but really couldnít you just have slept with someone else???

And this was only last night???

It doesnít sound like you or this guy are interested in a repeat performance so why not leave it as it was??

What would be your purpose in talking about the sex?

If you intend to become a couple with the guy, you can pick an appropriate time, such as when you and GF responding time together, and then gently tell her that you see your friendship with Guy'sName developing into something romantic.

That's it. You don't need to give her details, even if she asks. If you opt to do so, then don't fool yourself about that 'just being honest,' it's an agenda. In that case. figure out what motivates you to rub friend's nose in this, and then make a better choice.

Platinum Member
    I agree - if you want to date him - i would tell he your intent and ask for he okayness on it. If you tend to never speak of this encounter again, it is not necessary

Platinum Member
    Here's another vote for not telling her. It's none of her business, and I suspect she'd wonder about your motives if you did so.

If they were still together, that would be different. If it looks as though this is going to develop into a relationship, it would be a good idea to mention it, to forestall any potential future embarrassment.

Otherwise, after two years and in a relationship... nah, she doesn't want to know....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice