Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Emotional support group Covid19

Seraphim

I felt that way when my workplace hosted what I called a "super spreader meeting" at my office. 35 people whipping off their masks to gather together. They have already had 2 Covid cases but I guess that's not enough for them. Not to mention that meeting violated county restrictions, but no one seemed to care. One of the sales reps told another one "I'm taking off my mask. You aren't afraid of catching cooties, ARE YOU???" I guess if he'd said yes she would have made fun of him.

I ate lunch in my car and hid in my cubicle during the meeting while the rest of them crowded together to watch a 2 hour presentation. Nope, I wasn't going to do that.

I believe, if it helps go ahead and get a test. I've been tested 5 times and I am considering getting tested again in about 5 days because of that meeting.

Oh DEAR GOD bolt what the heck is wrong with them !!!! That would have terrified me . I almost envy them , the way they are able to relax and live life as normal but at the same time I don't want to be one of them ...it is not a case of * well it's me taking the risk* your risk affects my risk sort of thing . You did right by going to your car , it is madness .

If I can't bring myself down from the anxiety of him then I probably will . Sometimes I feel like some cities here are on the verge of anarchy honestly .

Hey Pip...sorry I wasn't around today to chat. I am writing you back as we speak. Very busy day today and not much fun...I'll tell you about it. I'm writing back on messenger.

Just messaging you on this thread first in case you're still on. I wasn't ignoring you, promise. xxxxxxxxxxx

As for the Covid, I am having a headache over it, like..a literal headache. I am trying hard to not stress, but I spoke to my doctor yesterday and asked him if it were possible for it to be bad enough now that should someone go into a medical crisis, they might not get help due to the hospitals being overwhelmed...he said yes, it's possible.

That put me on edge, I tell ya. I knew our numbers were bad, but to actually hear it's gotten to this point, it's given me a headache.

What to do but hold on?

Hey Pip...sorry I wasn't around today to chat. I am writing you back as we speak. Very busy day today and not much fun...I'll tell you about it. I'm writing back on messenger.

Just messaging you on this thread first in case you're still on. I wasn't ignoring you, promise. xxxxxxxxxxx

As for the Covid, I am having a headache over it, like..a literal headache. I am trying hard to not stress, but I spoke to my doctor yesterday and asked him if it were possible for it to be bad enough now that should someone go into a medical crisis, they might not get help due to the hospitals being overwhelmed...he said yes, it's possible.

That put me on edge, I tell ya. I knew our numbers were bad, but to actually hear it's gotten to this point, it's given me a headache.

What to do but hold on?

I feel you on the headache -I've had a number of stress related physical symptoms because of this situation - hits me like a ton of bricks sometimes. Our numbers are really bad too. I'm sorry you're feeling this way.

What to do but hold on?

I Know you're not ignoring me xxxx

Sorry the numbers are up like that to start getting dangerous ...still no mention of a lockdown for your country ? I hope you are feeling a little better xxxxx

It's also because today was the day I lost my best friend to cancer and so my heart feels a little bit heavier today. It's so odd to think back to how it all went 3 years ago, and to be honest, I force myself to skim over it, because it's too much to think about. It's still too hard.

We had an update on the restrictions, still no lockdown and it is playing a game of risk. Basically counting on people to be responsible, and if they're not...we will be up sheet creek in 2 weeks time. It really is playing with fire and I can hardly breathe. But I am going to look for the good, stay off the news articles, keep my stress down and distract.

It's no good to think of worst case scenarios and go with it. Who knows, things might settle down in 2 weeks. I mean, people aren't completely hopeless.

Pippy, I replied to you, love. Try to rest, today is a bit of a rough day. You know where to find me xxxxxxx

I feel you on the headache -I've had a number of stress related physical symptoms because of this situation - hits me like a ton of bricks sometimes. Our numbers are really bad too. I'm sorry you're feeling this way.

I'm sorry you're feeling the same. It's no good, is it? But what can we do? Hold on, pray for the good, and try to stay positive. I hope you're doing okay this evening, stay warm, and try to think good things. x

It's also because today was the day I lost my best friend to cancer and so my heart feels a little bit heavier today. It's so odd to think back to how it all went 3 years ago, and to be honest, I force myself to skim over it, because it's too much to think about. It's still too hard.

We had an update on the restrictions, still no lockdown and it is playing a game of risk. Basically counting on people to be responsible, and if they're not...we will be up sheet creek in 2 weeks time. It really is playing with fire and I can hardly breathe. But I am going to look for the good, stay off the news articles, keep my stress down and distract.

It's no good to think of worst case scenarios and go with it. Who knows, things might settle down in 2 weeks. I mean, people aren't completely hopeless.

Pippy, I replied to you, love. Try to rest, today is a bit of a rough day. You know where to find me xxxxxxx

oh love ...all those memories swillking round your head , I am sorry xxxxx

Hope you and you Batya are feeling ok today xx

Sherry I lost my first cousin to cancer who was also such a dear friend over 15 years ago -this week -her funeral was on her wedding anniversary (only married a few years). My son's middle name is named after her. I'm so sorry for your loss.

And thank you Pippy, same to you-doing ok -eating ice cream right now so......

I'm so sorry Sherry. It makes me anxious, too, if I read too much about the numbers increasing (I knew it probably would anyway in the Fall... viruses are easily to catch in this season).

Something that helps me is to just accept there's probably going to be a second lock down in most places (isn't Europe already experiencing that in some areas?). I try to just accept this could happen, and then let it go and just live life as I would normally.

Sherry I lost my first cousin to cancer who was also such a dear friend over 15 years ago -this week -her funeral was on her wedding anniversary (only married a few years). My son's middle name is named after her. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Wow Batya that is tragic. I'm so sorry.

I'm so sorry. :icon_sad: That truly is heartbreaking.

I'm so sorry Sherry. It makes me anxious, too, if I read too much about the numbers increasing (I knew it probably would anyway in the Fall... viruses are easily to catch in this season).

Thank you, Maritalbliss. I am doing my best to not get caught up in the worry, somedays I'm okay, somedays it's not great. Hope you're doing okay.

Yes , yes love I am doing ok . I am happy to hear of ice cream eating lol ... I don't like it so my indulgence is cheetos right now .....whatever gets us through eh

Something that helps me is to just accept there's probably going to be a second lock down in most places (isn't Europe already experiencing that in some areas?). I try to just accept this could happen, and then let it go and just live life as I would normally.

Yeah I am UK and we are in lockdown ...well ... as sherry knows cos I am always complaining about it ...it isn't really a lockdown !! Not like the first one ...I would rather them have gone the full hog rather then this half measure deal that is going on .

Sometimes I feel like , with the exception of a few mates in RL , we are the only ones that really feel the fear and believe the reality of what is going on .

Anyway I hope you also can calm yourself down MBliss and as you say , just accept it .

Blimey I keep coming across little scenario's I never thought would bother me ...like people dating and meeting up ...I start to feel quite anxious and now read it all in a different way and have to stop my self shouting COVID ...WHAT ABOUT COVID lol ....

On a serious note , when people wonder why another's mind does really start to operate differently , then there is a good example of how my mind ( at least ) processes stories differently now .

On tv , and I have seen others say this ... they are cringing when people shake hands or dare to just sit on a bench in the park with having the swat team cover them for germs !

Blimey I keep coming across little scenario's I never thought would bother me ...like people dating and meeting up ...I start to feel quite anxious and now read it all in a different way and have to stop my self shouting COVID ...WHAT ABOUT COVID lol ....

On a serious note , when people wonder why another's mind does really start to operate differently , then there is a good example of how my mind ( at least ) processes stories differently now .

On tv , and I have seen others say this ... they are cringing when people shake hands or dare to just sit on a bench in the park with having the swat team cover them for germs !

Yes I feel the same!! And it's also infililtrating my dreams.

I felt weird liking my friend's post on facebook showing her and her teenage son at her uncle's 80th bday party in another state -no masks, indoors at a restaurant "we wore masks a lot and we all did a temp check!!" On the one hand good for her for being there and she also did a lot of the organizing/helping but......

Yes I feel the same!! And it's also infililtrating my dreams.

I felt weird liking my friend's post on facebook showing her and her teenage son at her uncle's 80th bday party in another state -no masks, indoors at a restaurant "we wore masks a lot and we all did a temp check!!" On the one hand good for her for being there and she also did a lot of the organizing/helping but......

Yeah it is the *but* that gets me every time .... I sometimes have to have a word with myself ...like mind your own damn business when I am on the verge of saying ..* well that's not social distancing * .....walk away lol just walk away

I get "sympathetic anxiety" when I see people engaging in risky behaviors. My nephew was watching a college football game last night and hundreds of young college students were in the seats crowding together, chanting and shouting and mugging for the TV cameras, all maskless of course. And I thought, Super Spreader Event!!

What bothers me is the fact that these behaviors are why we can't get a handle on the virus. People WILL NOT stop. They just won't.

I actually don't "like" Facebook posts where people are at restaurants in large groups or talk about hanging out in groups at bars or getting tattoos or going bowling in large groups or traveling to Mexico with their children. Because I DON'T "like" it! Most of these people are people I care about and the thought of them getting sick, possibly VERY sick, isn't something I "like"! I don't say anything either, I just scroll past.

I just want everyone to be safe. That's all.

Seems like we are all on the same page with this ....( well I know we are or I wouldn't bother posting my thoughts )

I look and think it is not just your group of friends you are mixing with that is taking a risk ..it is then everyone else all that group then comes into contact with and if they don't care enough to do it in the first place , are they conscious of the hygiene rules we are supposed to follow , are they careful ...do they give a e .

I have all that running through my head but then feel conflicted like you Batya cos you want to like/comment / congratulate etc etc

Sometimes I think I am turning into a monster the things that run through my mind when I see the rule breakers lol

I did report two posts on facebook in a group ...one was an anti vaxxer posting links and the other was someone saying * don't wear masks , build up your immune system .*

*sigh