Open Club  ·  86 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Emotional support group Covid19

Seraphim

I just breathed in some Clorox cleaner. I was filling a travel size bottle and thought the sprayer on the original bottle wasn't working, so I sprayed it into the sink. Blech.

Surprisingly, my city is reporting fewer cases over the past couple of days. We had some terrible days during the last week of June and the first of July but things have slowed down a bit. Fingers crossed.

Had to make my way into the hospital today to get blood work done. I started a new medication that is working well for me but it has the potential to screw my electrolyte levels so I need to get checked.

Hospital not very many people. Lots of "health check points". I had a mask on and I flashed my badge as I walked by and was granted immediate access without question or temp check. Got my blood drawn and I was out within 20 min. Great news, I'm still not pre-diabetic, good cholesterol, good everything really.

What is making me anxious right now is not the virus, it's my areas civil unrest. Last weekend, over 10 people died from being shot. Every day since we have had at least one gun homicide.

Good luck with your test. If it helps, 90% of patients who tested positive had fever and severe headaches as the first symptoms. I have allergies, have had a cold recently but have not been tested for corona.

Has anyone here had COVID?

I’m being tested tomorrow because I’m experiencing dry cough and congestion. No fever, body aches, fatigue, or difficulty breathing. I’m hoping it’s just allergies.

I have a test scheduled for tomorrow. I have body aches and cold symptoms. No fever, no cough, no difficulty breathing. I just like to be informed.

I realize that even if I do not test positive it's not immunity. It just means at the time of the test the virus was not detected. I will continue to be vigilant.

And if I somehow contracted it despite all my efforts? Well, I'll certainly have to quarantine at home so I don't infect anyone.

I have a test scheduled for tomorrow. I have body aches and cold symptoms. No fever, no cough, no difficulty breathing. I just like to be informed.

I realize that even if I do not test positive it's not immunity. It just means at the time of the test the virus was not detected. I will continue to be vigilant.

And if I somehow contracted it despite all my efforts? Well, I'll certainly have to quarantine at home so I don't infect anyone.

Hoping for the best for you!!

I don't truly believe I have it. If I do it means I somehow got infected while grocery shopping, at the laundromat or at the doctor's office. I have not gone to a restaurant, have not visited anyone or had anyone visit me, I have not gone bowling or to a theme park. I would have somehow picked it up from someone while they walked past me or something. And I am wiping everything down, washing my hands very frequently, wearing a mask and showering and changing when I return home from errands. If I somehow got it, I would really want to explore how.

I had a sore throat yesterday and feeling tired. I woke up today feeling better.

Sooo. . .what does one do when getting an appointment in CA is a few days away and the results come back in 10 days or longer? By that time it's run it's course.

Do I lock down everytime I feel funny? It's not that I really go anywhere anyway. This is the second time since March I had a day or two that I didn't feel well. That would be considered normal in the course of a 4 month period.

I had a sore throat yesterday and feeling tired. I woke up today feeling better.

Sooo. . .what does one do when getting an appointment in CA is a few days away and the results come back in 10 days or longer? By that time it's run it's course.

Do I lock down everytime I feel funny? It's not that I really go anywhere anyway. This is the second time since March I had a day or two that I didn't feel well. That would be considered normal in the course of a 4 month period.

That's a great question.

I have thyroid disease, high blood pressure and I've had major abdominal surgery. I am on medication for the first two conditions, but routinely I feel crappy at least half the month. I am almost always fatigued. I don't tend to run a fever but I have runny nose, sore throat and body aches frequently. How do we know if it's just how we normally feel? Or just a simple cold?

A top Nascar driver was just diagnosed. He had no symptoms and his wife, who also tested positive, had "allergy" symptoms. Well, so do I, at least a few times a month.

It's frustrating... they really don't know what the symptoms are. No one seems to. And they keep adding to the list. It used to be a cough, fever, difficulty breathing and chills and then they added body aches, fatigue and sore throat. And then of course the wild card of "asymptomatic" and "pre-symptomatic".

In other words, no one knows. Which is why extensive testing is recommended. But what if you test negative and then get exposed a week later?

Gah!

That's a great question.

I have thyroid disease, high blood pressure and I've had major abdominal surgery. I am on medication for the first two conditions, but routinely I feel crappy at least half the month. I am almost always fatigued. I don't tend to run a fever but I have runny nose, sore throat and body aches frequently. How do we know if it's just how we normally feel? Or just a simple cold?

A top Nascar driver was just diagnosed. He had no symptoms and his wife, who also tested positive, had "allergy" symptoms. Well, so do I, at least a few times a month.

It's frustrating... they really don't know what the symptoms are. No one seems to. And they keep adding to the list. It used to be a cough, fever, difficulty breathing and chills and then they added body aches, fatigue and sore throat. And then of course the wild card of "asymptomatic" and "pre-symptomatic".

In other words, no one knows. Which is why extensive testing is recommended. But what if you test negative and then get exposed a week later?

Gah!

That is Jimmie Johnson, one of my son’s favs.

That is Jimmie Johnson, one of my son’s favs.

He was so distraught over how to continue to parent their two young children. I don't know how they are managing it, but it's got to be so very difficult to have to explain to your children why you can't hug them or feed them or put them to bed. Heartbreaking.

He was so distraught over how to continue to parent their two young children. I don't know how they are managing it, but it's got to be so very difficult to have to explain to your children why you can't hug them or feed them or put them to bed. Heartbreaking.

I saw that. :(

Good luck with your test. If it helps, 90% of patients who tested positive had fever and severe headaches as the first symptoms. I have allergies, have had a cold recently but have not been tested for corona.

Thank you for hopeful words. I now just have a hacking cough. No other symptoms so far. Over the counter allergy medication is helping.

That’s the scary part. The only lifestyle change I made in the last 10 days was that I returned to the gym to start personally train (wore a mask the entire time) and swam laps at the local outdoor pool (They minimize patrons for one hour slots). I think the outdoors of breathing in chlorine and pollen caused it, but who knows???

My doctor hinted that what I may have is allergies but now... possessing any kind of respiratory symptoms = testing. I have no qualms with being tested, but the fact that suggestion came up has me on alert.

The only thing that slightly comforts me is that if I have it, I still have a high chance of surviving it. My husband made it through. I have no pre-medical conditions. The survival rate of COVID is actually higher than childbirth (and I lived through that hell). As long as I have very mild symptoms, I know I will be fine.

Honestly, I wish everyone could get testing like I do. I work in a place with vulnerable patients and I do direct care so I need to be tested once a week and I have been doing this for weeks now.

I've had the rare allergy symptom. Once I over-exerted myself physically and then I felt feverish for a while, temp was at 100.2 for a few hours. It passed without meds, I got tested (for work) and it came back negative.

It really does provide me such a piece of mind. I'm less worried about myself getting it but I worry about spreading it. I am not discontinuing the precautions by any means but getting tested regularly is a huge source of anxiety relief for me.

Here we have so many patients in the hospitals we are being told we are only permitted to be tested if we have symptoms, are high risk or work in a front line job. I'm really glad I booked my test last week, otherwise I would have to wait indefinitely.

I have a first playdate plan: this afternoon in a mostly empty field down the block with my friend and her two sons who are under 8. She's far more lenient but my rules will be that they can run around socially distanced, kick a ball/throw a frisbee that way - I will wear a mask but won't require my son to since he'll stay far away. I'll socially distance from my friend. I am nervous but all the science I know says that that is ok. If the field is crowded we'll leave. It typically is not on a weekday afternoon. I'll have sanitizer etc- my son is good at socially distancing -he is 11. I weighed the pros and cons -he really needs to see someone not on a screen and I will be there and be the total helicopter mom! I am nervous about it-wish me luck!

Good luck, Batya!

Having been on hand with some similarly structured playdates over the past two weeks, I'm confident it's going to go well for you, and for your son.

Yes- I look forward to seeing my friend even though she cant' serve me tea and chocolate which she always insists on doing at her house!

Early pandemic my youngest son and his wife decided to go ahead with a gender reveal party for their upcoming new baby. 6 adults, including the 80+ yr old grandparents sat on the patio,6 ft apart while the millineals were seperated on the front lawn. Someone tagged me in FB with a photo goodbye to the grandparents and a friend thought to scold me, veiled in a congratulatory text. I waited a day to thoughtfully respond and merely mentioned the photo didn't represent the entire picture. I didn't offer any other explanation. I didn't feel the need to defend myself. I didn't plan the party and it wasn't my family. Besides, I thought her text was rude.

I try to remain respectful on how one chooses to manage this.

You do you. I'll do me. We either meet in the middle or not.

And if you thought to ask me rather than assume you'd know I am living on the very conservative side of this whole thing. It gets lonely and isolating at times. But she didn't ask.

Fast fwd 2 months later, I golfed w a friend. We walked 9 holes and if you golf you'd know it's a perfect social distancing activity.

My friend tags us on FB Friday afternoon at the golf course. The same friend asks 'Did you wear a mask?' I deleted her post.

An hour later she reposts it.

I wrote back " Well, if you insist. I didn't wear a mask on a golf course when I'm 10 ft or more away from the next person. But if I was to have garage parties for my neighborhood, then I might consider it. (she does this) But if I'd be happy to discuss it with you if you ever want to call me and talk about it"

We have mutual friends that are doing all sorts things and I can't figure out why she wants to publically call me out.

Needless to say we won't be seeing each other any time soon.