Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Emotional support group Covid19

Seraphim

That's not okay to yell at someone like that. I've definitely given a stink eye to adult people (it's usually men) who get too close.

I find wearing a mask keeps people at bay. People treat me like a leper and get out of my way. Whatever, you can think I'm sick, just keep away.

I think next time I get a guy obnoxiously close who knows better, I'm going to give a dry cough as I'm wearing my mask. Hopefully that will make them back up

Right? My trips to the store end in a total crying panic attack. It is taking our life in our hands. I am sending hubby for now.

Favorite sandwich shop for sunday dinner closed about 4 hours early today without warning then there was a social distancing line to get into the market nearby -which is fine just depressing.

Looks like for the moment my family and I have been spared. For now. I guess I got extremely lucky to make the early call of pulling my little girl out of daycare in time.

I live in a beach town of a mid-Atlantic state. I am seeing LOTS of people with out of state license plates flocking here and treating my place like it’s a goddamn Spring Break. This place is my home. This is where I walk my dog and play with my daughter, and these self-entitled out of state ****s from places with soaring cases are coming to our location. My local government finally decided to close the boardwalk and beaches and is amping police patrol. But I still see them coming.

My husband will be returning to work soon to work in nursing homes. His company has sent out numerous medical equipment. I don’t trust it. Keeping my nose to the ground and eyes open

FUDGIE, I am saying a tons of prayers for you. Virtual hug! I hope when this s*t is over, Disney World gives you a free vacation trip. My father was a firefighter at the Pentagon during 9/11 and Disney reached out and gave us an offer to an all-paid for trip.

I'm aware these are difficult times, so here's a little bit of encouragement to all of you:

Yes and...... those feelings are inspired by what is seen and touched. Including at a museum, other people, etc --- I really love the intention and the sentiment and I don't relate personally -I hope others do and it gives them support. For example my son and I read a lot together -we love the feel and look of real books. And the words and the experience inspires the depth inside you mention. Thank you again for your intentions!!

Looks like for the moment my family and I have been spared. For now. I guess I got extremely lucky to make the early call of pulling my little girl out of daycare in time.

I live in a beach town of a mid-Atlantic state. I am seeing LOTS of people with out of state license plates flocking here and treating my place like it’s a goddamn Spring Break. This place is my home. This is where I walk my dog and play with my daughter, and these self-entitled out of state ****s from places with soaring cases are coming to our location. My local government finally decided to close the boardwalk and beaches and is amping police patrol. But I still see them coming.

My husband will be returning to work soon to work in nursing homes. His company has sent out numerous medical equipment. I don’t trust it. Keeping my nose to the ground and eyes open

FUDGIE, I am saying a tons of prayers for you. Virtual hug! I hope when this s*t is over, Disney World gives you a free vacation trip. My father was a firefighter at the Pentagon during 9/11 and Disney reached out and gave us an offer to an all-paid for trip.

I am glad to see that you guys are doing well! Yeah ,it’s crappy that people keep moving around and spreading it around!

People are supposed to be sheltering in place not spreading diseases everywhere.

What does everyone think of Martial law? Should it be implemented due to the people not listening and the number of cases still going up?

You betcha and our Prime Minister said that is not off the table but he is not going to go there ...... yet. Although he did tell people last week to stop it and get their sh... it together and stay home.

His statement did nothing.

I literally see people from Canada posting on FB, pics where they and their friends are visiting one another in their houses, or people still picking up their grandkids to visit, having family dinners, etc.

There is still a huge majority who don't take things seriously and are spreading this illness more and more.

I feel like Martial law should have happened already. If it had been, the numbers might have been way further down and stopped already.

Another thing I've noticed, the countries where it's the hottest, have the lowest numbers. This is encouraging as it could mean the virus slows down in the hotter weather.

His statement did nothing.

I literally see people posting on FB pics where they and their friends are visiting one another in their houses, or people still picking up their grandkids to visit, having family dinners, etc.

There is still a huge majority who don't take things seriously and are spreading this illness more and more.

I feel like Martial law should have happened already. If it had been, the numbers might have been way further down and stopped already.

Another thing I've noticed, the countries where it's the hottest, have the lowest numbers. This is encouraging as it could mean the virus slows down in the hotter weather.

Whereabouts are you?

Not necessarily. Spain and Italy don't have it easier, it's a lot worse actually.

Yes and...... those feelings are inspired by what is seen and touched. Including at a museum, other people, etc --- I really love the intention and the sentiment and I don't relate personally -I hope others do and it gives them support. For example my son and I read a lot together -we love the feel and look of real books. And the words and the experience inspires the depth inside you mention. Thank you again for your intentions!!

I completely agree with you, Batya! I so understand you two as I love the feel of books as well even though I use an ebook reader. I just find that sometimes we focus too much on what we can see (eg. empty shelves), when what matters most is the heart (e.g. kindness). :)