Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 59 of 143 FirstFirst ... 56575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Emotional support group Covid19

Voice calls and comfort food have increased dramatically since the outbreak. Phone providers have noticed a huge uptick in voice vs text/data.📞 People are buying canned foods, even spray-can cheese and crackers are on the rise. 🍕🌭

I feel like I've turned a new leaf recently. My anxiety is a lot less. Don't get me wrong, life still kind of sucks but I think I've finally hit that "ok I'm not surprised/sad/upset anymore, I'm hunkering down and dealing with it". I'm finally enjoying my time alone a bit more and finding some contentment.

My cousin posted a rant on Facebook that the virus is all BS and is something made up by Dr. Fauci so he can profit from the pharmaceutical industry. And that the deaths are not true and hospitals are empty. And I guess those of you who say you work in hospitals who have coronavirus patients are in on the conspiracy. She says, open everything up now!!! And that all people need to do is take zinc and vitamin C and they will be just fine. I guess I have severe memory loss because I don't remember her getting her MD. Oh, and that there have been zero deaths due to heart attacks reported and why is that??? Because it's all a coverup so Dr. Fauci can make money!

I presume Dr. Fauci has connections in Italy and Germany and all the other countries because he's convinced them to perpetuate his conspiracy so he can profit. I didn't know the guy had so much power!!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    My cousin posted a rant on Facebook that the virus is all BS and is something made up by Dr. Fauci so he can profit from the pharmaceutical industry. And that the deaths are not true and hospitals are empty. And I guess those of you who say you work in hospitals who have coronavirus patients are in on the conspiracy. She says, open everything up now!!! And that all people need to do is take zinc and vitamin C and they will be just fine. I guess I have severe memory loss because I don't remember her getting her MD. Oh, and that there have been zero deaths due to heart attacks reported and why is that??? Because it's all a coverup so Dr. Fauci can make money!

I presume Dr. Fauci has connections in Italy and Germany and all the other countries because he's convinced them to perpetuate his conspiracy so he can profit. I didn't know the guy had so much power!!
    Unfortunately, you canít change ......

Yeah, bolt, there's a few of those on my newsfeed too. Honestly, it's tiring and depressing. But you cannot convince people of anything, all you do is ignore.

I have a good friend who is an ER nurse and she see's Covid patients daily as she works in a busy ER. I have known her a long time and she's not a liar.
    Covid is very real. Her stories, can be quite grim, and are more than real. Honestly, it causes panic in me to hear them so I just don't.

Those who are in denial or wanting to downplay this, are playing a very dangerous game as all of us will suffer due to more people being careless. It will cause many more deaths if people don't start to understand how grave this situation is.

Being told to stay home, is not a game, nor is it not necessary. Right now is the time on the deciding factor of how bad it gets or doesn't get. It's in the hands of all of us, but mainly the ones who choose to either be careful or more careless.

The unfortunate part is, some people will never believe until body bags are piled up. (sorry for being grim but am sick of people who are making it so much worse by not caring, saying it's not real or saying it's not that bad).

They are dangerous fools.

Can you mute people like this? Take this time to clean up your social media. Update your content and reset your privacy settings. Also get rid of dead weight like this.
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    My cousin posted a rant on Facebook that the virus is all BS and is something made up by Dr. Fauci so he can profit from the pharmaceutical industry. And that the deaths are not true and hospitals are empty.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Can you mute people like this? Take this time to clean up your social media. Update your content and reset your privacy settings. Also get rid of dead weight like this.
    I have removed one person for the first time in my life from FB. You really find out who people are in a crisis.

She didn't post it on my profile page so no need to reset my privacy settings.

It doesn't upset me, more bemused than anything else. Her husband usually travels 2 weeks out of every month for work, plus she has her kids home with her all day now (she's a stay at home mom) so maybe she's tired of having her family around all time lol.

She's usually a compassionate person so I'm hoping it's just her frustration seeing so many people out of work and struggling that motivated this rant. Although the part about Dr. Fauci has me scratching my head. And the "empty hospitals" part was a comment posted by one of her friends.

Anyway...on site training completed for this week. Home virtual training next week, then back to on site the week after.

Hope the world is starting to turn the corner on this pandemic.

Platinum Member
    Bright spot anecdote to share: my sister who is an awesome singer -used to do so professionally/semiprofessionally -is an out of work for now therapist (hands on type) - so get this -she and one of her clients, who is a singer by profession -are singing together on the phone to pass the time and have a sort of practice session for the future. I love that! (she's not a face time type gal and her friend is in her 60s, sister is in late 50s).

Negative needs support -my divorced/single mom friend (who I tried to support) moved from our city (she was my neighbor in this building) to a suburban development. Two young kids who are adorable. And they see every single day the neighbors' kids not doing social distancing, hanging around and playing and my friend has to say no each and every time and it breaks her heart. So she's taking them on solitary bike rides and hikes -in fact she drives them somewhere and if the parking lot is full, they turn around and try another place. She is awesome -works full time, too. And her parents can start helping her next week as they've been isolating for a month but she is such an inspiration. And my heart breaks for those kids seeing their friends all playing together right out their window.

Platinum Member
    My friendís fever broke after 11 days of them, 14 days of symptoms. Has an appetite. Hopefully this is good as he is in the high risk category.

Page 59 of 143 FirstFirst ... 56575859606162 ... LastLast

Videos

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships
Give Advice
Ask For Advice