Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 58 of 160 FirstFirst ... 55565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Emotional support group Covid19

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    Ugh Fudgie ( hugs ). You and my brother are in similar situations, and it's one of my big stressors right now. He's overworked, exhausted, and alone. I want so badly to be there to help him, just support him, but of course we are self isolating.
    I'm honestly so mad that the burden is falling to a few in our area , while others are being getting paid to stay home with their kids. I know I'll ruffle feathers saying that but it's insane to me. No one's health and well being is more important than another.
    I'm working from home as is husband and taking care of our kid. I'm so sorry about your brother!!

I'm honestly so mad that the burden is falling to a few in our area , while others are being getting paid to stay home with their kids. I know I'll ruffle feathers saying that but it's insane to me. No one's health and well being is more important than another.
    In my area, the sentiment among healthcare workers and other essential services such as police has been that the more people at home the better. There's campaigns by health care workers asking us to support them by staying home. I'm glad we have that mindset here and aren't getting divided over people not "pulling their weight". The best thing a lot of people can do is stay home and work from home if they can. That's them playing their part.

On a more positive note, it's so nice to see a sense of community for a change. There's community support and mutual aid groups being created by everyday people and people are looking out for each other. There's a couple of groups in my local area that I'm in where we've been helping vulnerable people source essential items. A collective effort to get people things that they desperately need.

I hope this remains post pandemic.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Good to hear. Agree part of the rampant spread was due to lax guidelines and just the unknown nature of this thing. Hang in there. Ironically the more immune people feel, the more vulnerable they really are.
    To be fair, initially there was a lot of mixed messaging from our leaders and it was confusing. We were told this is serious but it was still okay to go on about as normal and encouraged to go to sports games, dine out etc. That quickly changed and now it is being drilled in that we need to be practicing good hand washing, social distancing and staying home unless it is essential. Most people who can work from home are now working from home. The public transport system is scaling back services because less people are using it and there were empty buses driving around. Busy parts of the city are now empty. Once the messaging became clear and consistent, its clicked with people that they need to change their behavior.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ApocalypseDreams
    On a more positive note, it's so nice to see a sense of community for a change. There's community support and mutual aid groups being created by everyday people and people are looking out for each other. There's a couple of groups in my local area that I'm in where we've been helping vulnerable people source essential items. A collective effort to get people things that they desperately need.

I hope this remains post pandemic.
    That's great! Where I am there's nothing at all new about community support or collective efforts -it's simply targeting the pandemic right now more than other causes. Same with the major city I moved from (I live in a large city but moved from a larger one). I've been doing my part with respect to the pandemic but without a pandemic I still do my part. Which is typical in our city.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Our federal prediction has come out. 22-50,000 deaths at a 5-10% infection rate. That is the best prediction.That is for the entire pandemic.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Ugh Fudgie ( hugs ). You and my brother are in similar situations, and it's one of my big stressors right now. He's overworked, exhausted, and alone. I want so badly to be there to help him, just support him, but of course we are self isolating.
    You are so worried about your brother I totally understand. We canít though not help the population survive or there will be mayhem and anarchy, and all manner of illegal activities as people try to survive. And more people out getting sick making it much worse for your brother . People ARE placing your brother in high regard by staying home and being orderly. If everyone needs government help to do that to keep your brother more safe it is for the best.

Originally Posted by ApocalypseDreams
    In my area, the sentiment among healthcare workers and other essential services such as police has been that the more people at home the better. There's campaigns by health care workers asking us to support them by staying home. I'm glad we have that mindset here and aren't getting divided over people not "pulling their weight". The best thing a lot of people can do is stay home and work from home if they can. That's them playing their part.
    I think I'm being misunderstood.
    Of course the more that can stay home, the better. That's not what upsets me.
    In his situation, he works in a hospital. The people there need care and the emergency room is also open.
    He and the others without children have been mandated to work and are working overtime/understaffed , but those with children were given paid leave. My upset is in that aspect. Ideally, everyone could stay home but there is need for people to care for others in the hospitals, the care homes, etc. I just don't think family status should determine who is on the frontline.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

I think I'm being misunderstood.
    Of course the more that can stay home, the better. That's not what upsets me.
    In his situation, he works in a hospital. The people there need care and the emergency room is also open.
    He and the others without children have been mandated to work and are working overtime/understaffed , but those with children were given paid leave. My upset is in that aspect. Ideally, everyone could stay home but there is need for people to care for others in the hospitals, the care homes, etc. I just don't think family status should determine who is on the frontline.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
    Oh ok, now, I understand your frustration. Understandable. One parent then should stay home while the other works.

Yay! Boris Johnson is out of the ICU!!

Page 58 of 160 FirstFirst ... 55565758596061 ... LastLast

Videos

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity
Give Advice
Ask For Advice