Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 57 of 160 FirstFirst ... 54555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Emotional support group Covid19

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Yay!!!! British Columbia is showing a flattening of the curve.
    Hooray!!
    Such nice news.

I've heard local news about the curve flattening too. I wish I could be happy but the US is so beyond testing, even in my area, I don't believe the numbers.

The last day of my onsite training is going to be cancelled. I am scheduled to have an emergency root canal that day and the GM said there's no need for me to try to come in afterward.

Is it weird that I'd rather have a root canal than go to work?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Fudgie
    I've heard local news about the curve flattening too. I wish I could be happy but the US is so beyond testing, even in my area, I don't believe the numbers.
    Our province is the farthest behind in testing 😣. So itís actually far worse here than what they know.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    The last day of my onsite training is going to be cancelled. I am scheduled to have an emergency root canal that day and the GM said there's no need for me to try to come in afterward.

Is it weird that I'd rather have a root canal than go to work?
    I would too at this point and I have severe severe dental phobia.

Oh bolt, Jesus that's bad when a root canal is preferable!
    I understand why though with what you've shared, and I'm glad you don't have to go in there anymore. Hope your root canal goes smoothly with minimal pain.

Platinum Member
    Good luck with the root canal! I had to jump through many hoops for the one i got two months ago just to coordinate with my husband and son's schedule.

I am working extra this week. I am dreading it.

Part of me is so torn. I don't want to get COVID but part of me is hoping I do because it probably won't be too terrible for me (probably, not certain) and then I could be immune and wouldn't worry so much about giving it to my patients.

I have one more day of onsite training to get through. It hasn't been that bad because I distance myself and wear gloves and a mask, but so many others are not bothering. Walking in groups, no gloves, no mask, handling items and then handing them to someone else without gloves, community water bottles being stored in a fridge that everyone can access...many employees at other locations have complained publicly that the company is not protecting its workers, but they are trying! What are they supposed to do when so many of them refuse to follow the guidelines?

I just keep myself away from the others as much as possible and have elaborate routines I follow to clean and sterilize (removing my work clothes in the laundry room and then washing them in hot water, sterilizing things I bring to work before I use them again) but I can't control what other people do. I'm willing to be rude if it means staying away from people and hopefully staying healthy.

I am cautiously optimistic about hoping the virus is starting to be contained maybe in a month or so. That would be wonderful.

Ugh Fudgie ( hugs ). You and my brother are in similar situations, and it's one of my big stressors right now. He's overworked, exhausted, and alone. I want so badly to be there to help him, just support him, but of course we are self isolating.
    I'm honestly so mad that the burden is falling to a few in our area , while others are being getting paid to stay home with their kids. I know I'll ruffle feathers saying that but it's insane to me. No one's health and well being is more important than another.

Page 57 of 160 FirstFirst ... 54555657585960 ... LastLast

Videos

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity
Give Advice
Ask For Advice