Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 56 of 139 FirstFirst ... 53545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Emotional support group Covid19

Platinum Member Butterfly~Wrists's Avatar
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Apparently cats can get coronavirus from humans and other cats.
    The article I read has been reported for falsifying information. British vets association said that those who are in isolation, or who's got the virus should try to keep cats in as it may (no evidence) be spread via their fur. The bbc article basically said all cats should be kept inside where possible.
    There's currently in the uk no evidence we can get or give our pets covid 19, or any other strain of the virus. However this is constantly being reviewed x

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Butterfly~Wrists
    The article I read has been reported for falsifying information. British vets association said that those who are in isolation, or who's got the virus should try to keep cats in as it may (no evidence) be spread via their fur. The bbc article basically said all cats should be kept inside where possible.
    There's currently in the uk no evidence we can get or give our pets covid 19, or any other strain of the virus. However this is constantly being reviewed x
    7 large cats at the Bronx Zoo have it as reported by National Geographic. Where would they get it other than their handler?

Platinum Member Butterfly~Wrists's Avatar
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    7 large cats at the Bronx Zoo have it as reported by National Geographic. Where would they get it other than their handler?
    Not good 😔 this is such a scary time.

Sorry to hear Reinvent :( I hope things work out but it does sound like a very stressful situation that could erupt at anytime.

I knew a man like his son, you really were walking on eggshells as he could explode at any time or drama ensue. The way you described his son, sounds just like this man. So I do feel for him as he needs help, and more than just his dad. Though I do wonder to a certain degree if his dad is enabling him somewhat?

It's gotta be difficult being in your position though and I am sorry that with an already stressful situation that you are dealing with this now too.
    I hope it passes quickly.

Good to hear. Agree part of the rampant spread was due to lax guidelines and just the unknown nature of this thing. Hang in there. Ironically the more immune people feel, the more vulnerable they really are.
    Originally Posted by ApocalypseDreams
    Here in Australia, it's still early days but we seem to be managing the coronavirus better than many other countries. Hopefully people don't get complacent with their social distancing.

Originally Posted by SherrySher
    Sorry to hear Reinvent :( I hope things work out but it does sound like a very stressful situation that could erupt at anytime.

I knew a man like his son, you really were walking on eggshells as he could explode at any time or drama ensue. The way you described his son, sounds just like this man. So I do feel for him as he needs help, and more than just his dad. Though I do wonder to a certain degree if his dad is enabling him somewhat?

It's gotta be difficult being in your position though and I am sorry that with an already stressful situation that you are dealing with this now too.
    I hope it passes quickly.
    Thanks Sherry. But now that I have some time to mull it around it does bother me some. It's hard to feel totally compassionate at a time like this seeing this has been an ongoing issue. Single son will rely on Dad heavily. The last time he went through this we basically had the young man parked on his Dad's couch every weekend.
    I've had talks with his Dad, but I do recognize this is his struggle to figure out. They are a package deal.

Quoting his dad again from this morning. 'he'll get mad' This is in regards to talking to him about the drinking and depression.

I've heard the way he speaks to his girlfriend and lets say it's borderline abusive. I saw a positive change in her where she would stand up to him, but apparently she realized she didn't need to put it with it all and walked.

The son has been in therapy before and he clearly needs it. But dad doesn't want to upset him by bringing it up? I reminding my bf that being a parent isn't a popularity contest and it's often the job of a parent to tell their kids what they don't want to hear. So, what. He'll get mad. He's mad all the time anyway. He's not doing him any favors tippy toeing around him.

And now the sons problems create problems in his fathers relationship. If this was the first time I'd feel differently. But now it's a pattern.
    Last edited by reinventmyself; 04-08-2020 at 03:00 PM.

New TV shows this fall:

Dancing With SARS
    Lockdown Abbey
    Better Call Lysol
    Saturday Night Life Support

The son has been in therapy before and he clearly needs it. But dad doesn't want to upset him by bringing it up? I reminding my bf that being a parent isn't a popularity contest and it's often the job of a parent to tell their kids what they don't want to hear. So, what. He'll get mad. He's mad all the time anyway. He's not doing him any favors tippy toeing around him.
    It's a shame his dad doesn't realize that he's not helping him, in fact, he's hindering him. It's no different than seeing someone with a broken leg but pretending it's not real. Parents are meant to be a source of comfort and support, yes, but they are also meant to give a little push, show guidance. His son most definitely needs help.

Tough situation. I feel for all of you. x

New TV shows this fall:

Dancing With SARS
    Lockdown Abbey
    Better Call Lysol
    Saturday Night Life Support
    Did you come up with those? lol...very creative!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Yay!!!! British Columbia is showing a flattening of the curve.

Page 56 of 139 FirstFirst ... 53545556575859 ... LastLast

Videos

What Is Good To Know About The First Date

Online Dating Websites Most Frequently Used By Older Adults

Blogging Helps New Moms Handle Parental Stress

What Do Men And Women Want In A Relationship?

Benefits Of Online Education

Talking To Children Is Better Than Reading To Them
Give Advice
Ask For Advice