Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 55 of 158 FirstFirst ... 52535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Emotional support group Covid19

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    How is everyone doing today? With us everything is on the bus off the bus. They tell hubby to come into work he gets there and they send him home.
    Thank you for asking! Sorry about all the back and forth -frustrating! Doing ok -we had an almost comical mess up of a zoom/PS4 meeting between my son and one of my best friend's sons in another time zone - they were both really patient about it and at least chatted some -and I chatted with my friend who I first met in the winter of 1981!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    Thank you for asking! Sorry about all the back and forth -frustrating! Doing ok -we had an almost comical mess up of a zoom/PS4 meeting between my son and one of my best friend's sons in another time zone - they were both really patient about it and at least chatted some -and I chatted with my friend who I first met in the winter of 1981!
    That is good !! We are supposed to have our crochet meetings via Zoom.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    That is good !! We are supposed to have our crochet meetings via Zoom.
    Love that!

Platinum Member
    [Register to see the link]

Great. Herd immunity is unavoidable now.

Here in Australia, it's still early days but we seem to be managing the coronavirus better than many other countries. Hopefully people don't get complacent with their social distancing.

update: After a pretty much silent night, I called him this morning. We spoke for about an hour. It just got more complicated.

S's son is in his 30's. He's a nice young man, a little edgy, alcohol is serious issue for him. His mother ended up being a drug addict when he was little and left. S raised his son alone and mom popped in and out of the boys life and basically messed with his head and stole from him. He hasn't had a relationship with her for 12 years.

The scars are hugely apparent. He can't keep a relationship, he can be very volatile, drinks heavily and is depressive. He just lost his maternal grandfather last week, which opened the door for brief communication with his mom. Now the flood gates are open. In turn he got in a huge fight with his girlfriend Sunday and she broke up with him.

I've seen him this state before, after his last break up over a year ago. It's concerning, to say the least. His father is justifiably concerned for him. So there isn't anyway S will distance him from his son at this time. I get it.

<sigh> one day at time right now.

Platinum Member
    Yes. S has to prioritize his son -I can see that -so maybe -I am trying not to "interfere" it's time for him, for now to prioritize his family and tell him you two will reconnect in person when this covid chaos passes? sorry about this situation.

I did. I would do the same if it were my son.
    As yucky as the situation is, I feel better about it.

Platinum Member
    What I'm finding challenging is the new role of doing so much more of the behind the scenes work (which I did also when I was home full time for 7 years) - I think I have it better than many women (mostly women) in this role but I hate the wanting to announce "what I do is work too!!" It's fair -I work part time -husband is so busy at work and is helping a lot with the child - online learning stuff, new sleeping issues (covid and allergy related!) but for example - now I'm in charge of a lot more meal prep/cooking. So husband sends an email about a work schedule change which affects when/how I serve lunch today. He doesn't bother to actually tell me this morning at any time and of course like many parents I didn't have time to check email last night because of cleaning up, etc. To him it's no big deal. Because he doesn't get how we schedule when we're going to clean, when we're going to cook, do laundry -and even a 45 minute change in a mealtime can throw that off. Just like with "work work". I'm not mad at him -not even "very" frustrated -just giving an example. I do tell him and he tries to listen but I don't think he really gets why it's a "deal" at all. In other household situations he is somewhat better.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I am sorry to hear all that reinvent.

Page 55 of 158 FirstFirst ... 52535455565758 ... LastLast

Videos

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men
Give Advice
Ask For Advice