Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 54 of 160 FirstFirst ... 51525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Emotional support group Covid19

So I went to training overnight last night. Social distancing is preached but not practiced or enforced (I do not count shouting "Six feet apart!" and then just walking on to be enforcement). I was supplied with masks and I wore gloves and took my lunch and breaks in a separate room from everyone else. But despite many people who work for the company complaining on social media about how the workers are not being protected, I saw a shocking number of gloveless, mask-less people not practicing social distancing. Protocols are set into place but half the people are not following them. And I bet those people will the first to try to sue if they become sick.

Good news is I was able to practice my own social distancing and didn't join in on the blatant disregard taking place. I just wish management was more insistent on the employees following it.

Snny, best wishes for a quick and full recovery for your family members.

Platinum Member
    My friend tested positive. If we figured it out right, heís about 11 days in. I hope he will be on the upswing as it seems it goes either worse or better at this point. I havenít seen him in 1.5 months so thereís no possibility of exposure to us.

Platinum Member
    On the bright side I want to say this was a 24 hour turnover test - they will be implementing the 9/13 minute ones or whatever they are next week. But I am so glad we are starting to roll out more frequent and efficient testing.

So I told him how I felt and he said he understood. Adding that he wished I had an iphone then we could face time. That's it.
    I sat silently, starting to cry. I told him I'd call him back later.

It's such a mixed bag of emotions. I would never dream of expecting someone to make a choice where their child is concerned. But I'd be lying if I didn't admit I felt he made a choice and it wasn't me. The more rational part of me knows he didn't see it that way. But i am not feeling very rational today.

So from here on we both sit home alone. His son will visit but his girlfriend and work will be his priority. I don't want him to feel guilty but there's that part of me that sees this as - I can go a few weeks without seeing my kids. But to make a choice that would alienate my partner, my number one support system right now doesn't seem right. But that's how I see it. I get just because it's how I see it, doesn't make it right.

I don't think he really thought I would take this stand. it certainly doesn't feel good.

This is hard enough as it is. The isolation now just makes it almost unbearable.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I am sorry. 😔

Your feelings make sense to me, reinvent. I'm sorry you are feeling sad. For what it's worth, I think you are doing the right thing.
    Maybe you can download Skype or Messenger to video call? Sending you big hugs

I am so, so very sorry, reinvent.

Platinum Member Butterfly~Wrists's Avatar
    We're now being advised to keep cats in, as the virus can be carried on fur.. one cat will be hanging from the window whining and attacking other, and one cat will be scratching at the back door whining. Only worried about the one who will hang from window as he's taken to curling up on the neighbor's bed 🤣

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Apparently cats can get coronavirus from humans and other cats.

How is everyone doing today? With us everything is on the bus off the bus. They tell hubby to come into work he gets there and they send him home.

Page 54 of 160 FirstFirst ... 51525354555657 ... LastLast

Videos

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity
Give Advice
Ask For Advice