LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 51 of 170 FirstFirst ... 48495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Emotional support group Covid19

Platinum Member
    The hospitals are empty(or I should say, waiting rooms and other typically high traffic areas) because like fudgie says, no one wants to go for stuff and risk it. Oh, and the visitor policy is super strict.

I am sandwiched between 2 hospitals where I live now. I can walk to one, drive a couple minutes to the other. When I first moved here and up until recently, the sirens drove me insane. Now I hardly hear them.

Snny, I am sorry!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    My sense is if the rural area includes large places of worship the cases multiply faster.
    Actually, no and our churches have been closed for weeks. Being rural doesnít necessary correlate with being religious in Canada. Maybe in the 50s it did but not anymore.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Fudgie
    Snny, I'm so sorry. I am hoping that you and your daughter stay safe. Please make sure you have plenty of Tylenol and fluids on hand.

Sera, is your area doing testing? We are at 600+ I believe with many in the hospital but most citizens cannot get tested!! I think the real number is more like 2k because of this. The only way you get tested here is if you're a healthcare worker like myself or you're sick enough to be in the hospital.

Mild symptoms? You go home, no test, told to quarantine.
    I believe here you donít get a test unless you have severe symptoms you are told to stay the hell away from every health facility possible and stay home.

Platinum Member
    Our testing is improving here - a week or so ago it was go home unless youíre blue in the face. Now weíre testing with an increase of about 1000+ tests a day(not cases...well actually yeah sometimes we have 1k+ a day).

Originally Posted by Cheetarah
    Our testing is improving here - a week or so ago it was go home unless youíre blue in the face. Now weíre testing with an increase of about 1000+ tests a day(not cases...well actually yeah sometimes we have 1k+ a day).
    Yeah hereyou probably wonít get a test unless youíre on deathís door because thereís not enough. I have to have my next diabetic doctorís appointment over the phone because my doctor wonít even allow anybody in the practice.

I'm glad testing is better where you are, Cheet. It's abominable here. How can you see how you're doing if you have no idea where you are in terms of cases? This whole thing is embarrassing.

I am thankful I can get a test very, very easily (and know the result within a day) but I believe that this should be expanded so that it's open to everyone. Given that the virus is asymptotic in so many people, everyone should be getting tested.

I'm so frustrated with how this has been handled.

Sera, I had my PCP appt over the phone. I got one of my meds adjusted and also asked for a new med which I promptly got. I checked my insurance, her practice never billed me or my insurance. Everyone is losing money and it sucks.

Originally Posted by Fudgie
    I'm glad testing is better where you are, Cheet. It's abominable here. How can you see how you're doing if you have no idea where you are in terms of cases? This whole thing is embarrassing.

I am thankful I can get a test very, very easily (and know the result within a day) but I believe that this should be expanded so that it's open to everyone. Given that the virus is asymptotic in so many people, everyone should be getting tested.

I'm so frustrated with how this has been handled.

Sera, I had my PCP appt over the phone. I got one of my meds adjusted and also asked for a new med which I promptly got. I checked my insurance, her practice never billed me or my insurance. Everyone is losing money and it sucks.
    Here they have created new billing codes so doctors can bill for phone appointments.

Platinum Member
    Yes, I am glad tok Fudgie. Itís certainly not ideal or anywhere near where we should be with respect to testing but our governor is a a hard ass. He wasnít my first choice when I voted, but heís been a very pleasant surprise. Our mayor is too - sheís the mom who turned the car around because we all didnít behave. She gave the city one day to not congregate on the lake shore and stuff. Then the next day sheís all I TOLD YOU now we shut them because you all donít know how to socially distance.

What is everyone doing for masks? I have a friend that sews and she sent me some a couple weeks ago. I donít have a sewing machine so because what the hell else is there to do, Iíve been tinkering with making them by hand with shop towels my partner had. Theyíre ugly but functional.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Actually, no and our churches have been closed for weeks. Being rural doesnít necessary correlate with being religious in Canada. Maybe in the 50s it did but not anymore.
    Yes- where I am many of the cases in the more rural areas appeared because of places of worship -in this case churches but of course doesn't need to be.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    Yes- where I am many of the cases in the more rural areas appeared because of places of worship -in this case churches but of course doesn't need to be.
    Here almost nothing is open everything but grocery store has pretty much has gone to kerbside service . We have had a state of emergency for weeks.

Page 51 of 170 FirstFirst ... 48495051525354 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice