LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 40 of 123 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Emotional support group Covid19

Platinum Member
    We just finished spring break - our schools are now closed until April 30th, but Iím sure itís just going to be for the rest of the school year. However our governor can only do executive orders for 30 days at a time. Also, although we all assume the school thing I think people hearing that theyíre closing for the rest of the year would freak them out.

My partner just came back from unavoidable in store grocery shopping. I wiped down everything...and then back walked and cleaned everything she touched. Iím basically following her around with a bottle of diluted bleach. Iím starting to feel a little insane.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    What awful times to have to do that. I had really bad dreams which has been a constant lately -plus waking up too often, etc. Next week is "spring break" - and one of his after school program will have online programming as "camp" which hopefully will be good. We just need our time to get stuff done like everyone. I hope you have a good day and, again, thanks so much for starting and maintaining this thread. It means a lot to me.
    Youíre welcome.

Yeah bad dreams are plaguing me and horrible anxiety.
    I went back to sleep around 630 till about 930. It is so scary to think any little cough could be the coronavirus. I didnít want to infect my husband or the house or my son so I ran out into my backyard to cough.

Another worker in my area is under suspicion of COVID, getting the test done. I need to work an extra shift tomorrow as a result. Worried.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Fudgie
    Another worker in my area is under suspicion of COVID, getting the test done. I need to work an extra shift tomorrow as a result. Worried.
    Fingers crossed!

Originally Posted by Fudgie
    Fudgie, can I help from home in some way, either you directly or healthcare workers like you in my area? I work from home, am not going out, but wish to help ease the stress of essential workers. I appreciate you!

Platinum Member
    Here's hoping they come back negative. There's a youtuber called Dr John Campbell (retired nurse making videos about covid 19, as much information as he can find he shares), I don't know if you'd find that helpful or just more noise at this point but he exists if you want to have a look. Had a video on old folks homes specifically recently too.

I hope everyone's doing ok.

Edit to add: the data suggests that social distancing Is having a positive affect on reducing the rate of infection. Could be the glimmer of light

Who the hell is threatening Dr. Fauci???!! What has that man done except exhaust himself trying to keep Americans safe and informed??

So infuriating!

Originally Posted by journeynow
    Fudgie, can I help from home in some way, either you directly or healthcare workers like you in my area? I work from home, am not going out, but wish to help ease the stress of essential workers. I appreciate you!
    That's really kind of you, journeynow. Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything to do at this point, other than to stay home and please keep yourselves safe and healthy.

No word on my coworker. I do know that COVID is now in my facility. Great, just great. My patients haven't gotten it yet but I do think it's a matter of time. All of the doctors are anticipating bad things to happen here. Unfortunately, I agree with them. I'm getting ready for the inevitable storm.

It's infuriating that Dr. Fauci is having his life threatened and now needs 24/7 security. It's really upsetting. No respect for experts or people who are trying to help. It makes me sick. This whole COVID crisis is making me hate humans even more. Yes, there are good stories out there but the myopic, destructive things I'm seeing go on just poison everything for me.

You see how much better pollution is now? We were the REAL virus all along!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I am so sorry Fudgie. ❤️ Bless you.

Platinum Member
    My neighbor asked if he could use our basketball hoop. I was like yeah sure. Told him to take it on his driveway(donít want anyone in my bubble!). His wife invited like half the block over there. A little bit of sunshine and theyíre all hugging and high fiving.

The worst part about this is she spends the night 3x a week at her parentsí house, they are elderly and sick(chronically). What the hell is wrong with her? What possesses a person to think their hour of socializing and sunshine is more important than keeping her parents safe as their caregiver?

Anytime someone visits itís not a ďrealĒ visit - they drop something off and then sit in their car while I sit on the porch and talk to them. I have not let anyone closer than my driveway which is like way more than 6 feet away.

Yes it sucks! But itís necessary. I just donít get this mentality.

Page 40 of 123 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice