LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 32 of 145 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Emotional support group Covid19

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    🦇Bats carry types of coronavirus, but it's not sure if having it confers immunity in humans.😷
    I heard (not so sure how true it is) that the Chinese eating bats is what started this all in the first place. Apparently the doctors there discovered undigested bat meat in the stomachs of one of their dead that had the virus in it.

Gross!

Am finding an unexpectedly tough consequence of all this to be a rift in my closest friendship
    You're not alone. I am seeing another side of my brother and it's not nice. Really getting annoyed with how he's behaving. But what can you do? Sometimes you have to just let it go to keep your own peace.

heard (not so sure how true it is) that the Chinese eating bats is what started this all in the first place. Apparently the doctors there discovered undigested bat meat in the stomachs of one of their dead that had the virus in it.
    I heard the same. If it's true, they seriously need to start having far far stricter laws on what they eat. It's unhygienic, disgusting and look at what's it's caused.

My family is doing okay. Hanging in there. I think that's all we can do. It's a weird time, but if there is any good news...the ozone layer is healing.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Let’s not get too political or “ blame” or this will get closed.

Today my son had a hard time at the supermarket being yelled at by a lunatic .

"Wet" markets are a thing in several countries. Things that Western countries might label as "gross" or not fit for consumption are gourmet food items elsewhere.

However, it's been documented that the "wet" markets are not regulated as well as they might be, and there is a lot of intermingling of species that would never intermingle in the wild. Who knows what the result of that would be, or what the result of eating those animals would be.

SARS resulted from consumption of an animal not normally consumed in Western countries so it's not inconceivable that it could have resulted in COVID-19.

Anyway...trying to stay as clean as possible. I'm fumbling around trying not to touch anything. I'm already clumsy anyway.

Originally Posted by SherrySher
    You're not alone. I am seeing another side of my brother and it's not nice. Really getting annoyed with how he's behaving. But what can you do? Sometimes you have to just let it go to keep your own peace.
    Sorry to hear about that with your brother.

And, yeah, not much you can do. I'm pretty good at going with the flow, protecting myself by not picking unneeded battles. Just a lurking sadness, with some spikes, to process in one compartment while the others take on what needs to be taken on right now.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Yup; the public is becoming ugly.

Same, Blue. I am trying to keep my distance because it's not doing any good to allow it to upset me.

But disappointment, most definitely. These kinds of situations truly can show an ugly side to someone that you never knew was there.

I've had a tough couple of days too. Still sick, and TMI but doubled down on feeling like poo due to my period arriving. Haven't been able to do much but zone in and out of resting.
    I'm trying to keep my mind focused on lighter things, but even in my sleep there's this theme of all the terrible things going on right now. It's hard to have a disciplined mind while sick, and I'm really looking forward to feeling better.

I'm in part time isolation (I work part time in a petrol station which is considered essential work). I had a dodgy chest & a sore throat last week.
    I contacted my GP & he rang me back & told me to gargle warm salty water & take vitamin C. Anyway now my glands are swollen which is a symptom of
    a throat infection. I thought I was dealing with things quite well until last night when my fiance ended our relationship. I have been helping her out with
    groceries & stuff I can buy from my workplace. We lived in seperate houses about a 5 minute walk away from eaxch other. I live on my own & she has
    two daughters at home. There was no explanation as to why she wanted to break up but some of her messages to me were very brief in the past few days.
    She is the only person I have any immediate contact with & I'm worried if we have no contact (she blocked me) that there will be no chance of getting back together!

Another homicide in short order in my city. Things are getting ugly here. I have coworkers who date/are married to cops and they confirmed to me that the cops are not responding as much to calls. Only true emergencies and even then, it takes them longer to get there. They are worried about getting the virus.

I sleep with a gun now.

Page 32 of 145 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435 ... LastLast

Videos

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships
Give Advice
Ask For Advice