Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 166 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Emotional support group Covid19

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Thank you!

I have health conditions that cause me to have frequent flu-like symptoms. Plus I'm on medication that causes occasional dizziness. And yesterday my doctor took my blood pressure and it's slightly elevated despite medication (I have a LOT going on right now that is causing some anxiety and stress). So all of that could very possibly be the cause.
    Same, I am diabetic and have asthma and hypertension. Even on two blood pressure meds the other day my blood pressure was 145/98 just from anxiety. Usually on medication my blood pressure is 110/75.

I might just have a walk and calm down.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    One thing I am worried about is as self employed I donít qualify for EI and I have to lay off my two employees if I close.

So I solved my problem, I had bleach on hand, I bought car wipes and poured the bleach in the canister shook it up viola!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Thank you for choosing to keep people healthy.

Get better soon! ❤️
    Yes feel better!!

Originally Posted by figureitout23
    So I solved my problem, I had bleach on hand, I bought car wipes and poured the bleach in the canister shook it up viola!
    Good idea !

I took a 5 km walk tonight with hubby to improve health and lessen anxiety.

Platinum Member
    I was out sick with laryngitis for a month before this hit, and now they want me to stay home another 2+ weeks? Really annoying timing, but I have to count myself lucky that I generally like being alone. My girlfriend got sick and it's only a week but she's missing people terribly. She especially misses me because she didn't see me much while I was sick.

Also lucky that neither of us has corona. Since I was already quarantined I wasn't anywhere that I would have caught it, and it seems like she managed to miss it even though there was someone in her office who had it.

The big thing now is we are hoping her school will close as they are one of the only schools in the area that hasn't. It's putting a strain on a lot of the employees, and the students as well, especially knowing someone there had already tested positive.

The thing that sucks the most for me is that I'm in a community orchestra and I was so looking forward to the songs we were practicing for the winter season. We had gotten everything ready but then had to cancel all of our performances (we perform our concerts for free in rest homes, which is where people have been dying from covid). We started looking at our spring music, but now had to cancel our practices as well. We may not be able to play together again until fall.

Music being one of my main non-video game hobbies I'm feeling a lot less well-rounded all of a sudden.

But I feel silly complaining when so many are struggling with genuine financial and health related worries. I'm healthy, and even though I felt the drop in the stock market, I'm rich enough to be able to feel that drop so it's all kinda relative. And my job is very work from home friendly so I have no actual personal worries.

When my girlfriend is better we're going to try and see how we can help others who are actually struggling.

Originally Posted by saluk
    I was out sick with laryngitis for a month before this hit, and now they want me to stay home another 2+ weeks? Really annoying timing, but I have to count myself lucky that I generally like being alone. My girlfriend got sick and it's only a week but she's missing people terribly. She especially misses me because she didn't see me much while I was sick.

Also lucky that neither of us has corona. Since I was already quarantined I wasn't anywhere that I would have caught it, and it seems like she managed to miss it even though there was someone in her office who had it.

The big thing now is we are hoping her school will close as they are one of the only schools in the area that hasn't. It's putting a strain on a lot of the employees, and the students as well, especially knowing someone there had already tested positive.

The thing that sucks the most for me is that I'm in a community orchestra and I was so looking forward to the songs we were practicing for the winter season. We had gotten everything ready but then had to cancel all of our performances (we perform our concerts for free in rest homes, which is where people have been dying from covid). We started looking at our spring music, but now had to cancel our practices as well. We may not be able to play together again until fall.

Music being one of my main non-video game hobbies I'm feeling a lot less well-rounded all of a sudden.

But I feel silly complaining when so many are struggling with genuine financial and health related worries. I'm healthy, and even though I felt the drop in the stock market, I'm rich enough to be able to feel that drop so it's all kinda relative. And my job is very work from home friendly so I have no actual personal worries.

When my girlfriend is better we're going to try and see how we can help others who are actually struggling.
    I am sorry to hear that you and your girlfriend have been sick. I hope you both get better soon. It is true well-rounded life things like hobbies are being cut very short. That is important for good mental health to have hobbies that we enjoy. Iím sorry to hear that yours has been cut short for now.

Thank you for creating this thread, Seraphim. It's helpful to read others thoughts on this.

You walked 5 km? Awsome! I'm so glad you're feeling well enough to do that.

FIO, I hear ya, I am a bit of a germ-o-phobe too and although I do have a few Lysol wipes, I know they won't last long and not much chance right now of buying more. But..just gotta do what you can, right? I'm glad that you found some bleach though.

TWT, omg, can you believe the madness of it all? I have my socks on standby..lol. Have we really gotten this depraved? Lawdy. But glad you'll be getting some bum wipe soon.

Bolt, am getting over a bad head cold too. Staying home (just in case). Lucky I have that option. I hope you feel better soon.

Grandy, me too....yes, me too. My husband and I had ideas ages ago on what could have happened/should have happened that would have stopped things from getting this out of hand. You really just have to shake your head at it all. In my humble opinion, I don't feel it needed to get this out of hand. So many things could have stopped it before it got to this point. Even now I am wondering why the stores are not putting limits on items to stop one person from having cases of things and another person to having nothing. Sigh.

All we can do is take it one day at a time, right?

Originally Posted by SherrySher
    Thank you for creating this thread, Seraphim. It's helpful to read others thoughts on this.

You walked 5 km? Awsome! I'm so glad you're feeling well enough to do that.

FIO, I hear ya, I am a bit of a germ-o-phobe too and although I do have a few Lysol wipes, I know they won't last long and not much chance right now of buying more. But..just gotta do what you can, right? I'm glad that you found some bleach though.

TWT, omg, can you believe the madness of it all? I have my socks on standby..lol. Have we really gotten this depraved? Lawdy. But glad you'll be getting some bum wipe soon.

Bolt, am getting over a bad head cold too. Staying home (just in case). Lucky I have that option. I hope you feel better soon.

Grandy, me too....yes, me too. My husband and I had ideas ages ago on what could have happened/should have happened that would have stopped things from getting this out of hand. You really just have to shake your head at it all. In my humble opinion, I don't feel it needed to get this out of hand. So many things could have stopped it before it got to this point. Even now I am wondering why the stores are not putting limits on items to stop one person from having cases of things and another person to having nothing. Sigh.

All we can do is take it one day at a time, right?
    Yes , all we can do is take one day at a time and stay away from big crowds of people as much as possible.

Page 3 of 166 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice