LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 29 of 145 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Emotional support group Covid19

Big hugs, reinvent.

I think a lot of us are having such moments: where all is good, or manageable, and then the cracks (aka our human vulnerabilities) are momentarily exposed like raw nerves. I was walking the dog the other day, and a friend FaceTimed me. We bantered for a bit—all good—and she made a comment that millions are making, something to the effect of missing human contact, hugs, and how it was nice to see a familiar face. And, with that, I was crying.

For anyone looking for a wonderfully dewy televised distraction? The gf and I discover the Tiger King on Netflix yesterday, a multi-part doc that takes the "best" or reality TV and injects it with steroids. Whoa.

Big hugs to everyone.

Thanks Blue . .hugs coming your way too. Oh shoot. . .there goes to tears again! Think I better go for walk.

Tiger King is on my list. Side benefit of FB right now, lots of good Netflix suggestions. Watched 100 Humans last night.
    Light, fluffy, interesting and made me laugh. Good distraction.

Saw a parody of Stones tune... " I Can't Get No Disinfection"

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Just finished another 5 km walk.

Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    . . just cancelled seeing the boys tonight. I actually cried after I got done talking to them.
    Reading that teared me up a little. I know how you felt after cancelling, Reinvent.

We have a facetime "date" with our daughter, SIL and the grandkids tonite to look forward to.

We had a bit of a laugh the other day. My daughter is juggling working from home and watching the kids and the little one (he's 4) interrupted her when she was on the phone with a client (like for not the first time) so she's getting a tad frustrated.

*snipped* as it may cancel my anonymity.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Saw a parody of Stones tune... " I Can't Get No Disinfection"
    .... Lolzzz ...

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I am upset because my mom won’t FaceTime because she doesn’t like how she looks on it. 😓😓😓😓 it made me cry.

:(
    Tell her to turn her picture camera on so that she sees her own face and she can pose until she likes what she sees and then she will know how she looks. Besides, she will show up in the little box in the corner and she can move her hand held device at her best angle.

Tell her to doll herself up if it will help and that you'd love to see her no matter how she looks... if you haven't already.

I hated it at first too but I've totally adjusted.

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    :(
    Tell her to turn her picture camera on so that she sees her own face and she can pose until she likes what she sees and then she will know how she looks. Besides, she will show up in the little box in the corner and she can move her hand held device at her best angle.

Tell her to doll herself up if it will help and that you'd love to see her no matter how she looks... if you haven't already.

I hated it at first too but I've totally adjusted.
    She HATES it. My mom is extremely vain and a perfectionist. She doesn’t want anybody looking at her unless she’s been to the hairdressers she’s wearing somethings she feels she looks good in etc. etc. Etc And she thinks she looks ugly on camera so she doesn’t wanna do it. For me it’s the only way I can see my mom at the best of times and she absolutely refuses to do it. And if she won’t do it for me she won’t do it for anybody. 😓😓😓 and it doesn’t seem to matter if it hurts my feelings at all.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    She HATES it. My mom is extremely vain and a perfectionist. She doesn’t want anybody looking at her unless she’s been to the hairdressers she’s wearing somethings she feels she looks good in etc. etc. Etc And she thinks she looks ugly on camera so she doesn’t wanna do it.
    My grandma is the same. It must be a generation thing. I can't explain it.

Page 29 of 145 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132 ... LastLast

Videos

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships
Give Advice
Ask For Advice