LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 190 of 198 FirstFirst ... 187188189190191192193 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 1977

Thread: Emotional support group Covid19

Sherry I lost my first cousin to cancer who was also such a dear friend over 15 years ago -this week -her funeral was on her wedding anniversary (only married a few years). My son's middle name is named after her. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    I'm so sorry. That truly is heartbreaking.

I'm so sorry Sherry. It makes me anxious, too, if I read too much about the numbers increasing (I knew it probably would anyway in the Fall... viruses are easily to catch in this season).
    Thank you, Maritalbliss. I am doing my best to not get caught up in the worry, somedays I'm okay, somedays it's not great. Hope you're doing okay.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    Sherry I lost my first cousin to cancer who was also such a dear friend over 15 years ago -this week -her funeral was on her wedding anniversary (only married a few years). My son's middle name is named after her. I'm so sorry for your loss.

And thank you Pippy, same to you-doing ok -eating ice cream right now so......
    Yes , yes love I am doing ok . I am happy to hear of ice cream eating lol ... I don't like it so my indulgence is cheetos right now .....whatever gets us through eh

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by maritalbliss86
    I'm so sorry Sherry. It makes me anxious, too, if I read too much about the numbers increasing (I knew it probably would anyway in the Fall... viruses are easily to catch in this season).

Something that helps me is to just accept there's probably going to be a second lock down in most places (isn't Europe already experiencing that in some areas?). I try to just accept this could happen, and then let it go and just live life as I would normally.
    Yeah I am UK and we are in lockdown ...well ... as sherry knows cos I am always complaining about it ...it isn't really a lockdown !! Not like the first one ...I would rather them have gone the full hog rather then this half measure deal that is going on .

Sometimes I feel like , with the exception of a few mates in RL , we are the only ones that really feel the fear and believe the reality of what is going on .

Anyway I hope you also can calm yourself down MBliss and as you say , just accept it .

Platinum Member
    Blimey I keep coming across little scenario's I never thought would bother me ...like people dating and meeting up ...I start to feel quite anxious and now read it all in a different way and have to stop my self shouting COVID ...WHAT ABOUT COVID lol ....

On a serious note , when people wonder why another's mind does really start to operate differently , then there is a good example of how my mind ( at least ) processes stories differently now .

On tv , and I have seen others say this ... they are cringing when people shake hands or dare to just sit on a bench in the park with having the swat team cover them for germs !

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by pippy longstocking
    Blimey I keep coming across little scenario's I never thought would bother me ...like people dating and meeting up ...I start to feel quite anxious and now read it all in a different way and have to stop my self shouting COVID ...WHAT ABOUT COVID lol ....

On a serious note , when people wonder why another's mind does really start to operate differently , then there is a good example of how my mind ( at least ) processes stories differently now .

On tv , and I have seen others say this ... they are cringing when people shake hands or dare to just sit on a bench in the park with having the swat team cover them for germs !
    Yes I feel the same!! And it's also infililtrating my dreams.

I felt weird liking my friend's post on facebook showing her and her teenage son at her uncle's 80th bday party in another state -no masks, indoors at a restaurant "we wore masks a lot and we all did a temp check!!" On the one hand good for her for being there and she also did a lot of the organizing/helping but......

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    Yes I feel the same!! And it's also infililtrating my dreams.

I felt weird liking my friend's post on facebook showing her and her teenage son at her uncle's 80th bday party in another state -no masks, indoors at a restaurant "we wore masks a lot and we all did a temp check!!" On the one hand good for her for being there and she also did a lot of the organizing/helping but......
    Yeah it is the *but* that gets me every time .... I sometimes have to have a word with myself ...like mind your own damn business when I am on the verge of saying ..* well that's not social distancing * .....walk away lol just walk away

I get "sympathetic anxiety" when I see people engaging in risky behaviors. My nephew was watching a college football game last night and hundreds of young college students were in the seats crowding together, chanting and shouting and mugging for the TV cameras, all maskless of course. And I thought, Super Spreader Event!!

What bothers me is the fact that these behaviors are why we can't get a handle on the virus. People WILL NOT stop. They just won't.

I actually don't "like" Facebook posts where people are at restaurants in large groups or talk about hanging out in groups at bars or getting tattoos or going bowling in large groups or traveling to Mexico with their children. Because I DON'T "like" it! Most of these people are people I care about and the thought of them getting sick, possibly VERY sick, isn't something I "like"! I don't say anything either, I just scroll past.

I just want everyone to be safe. That's all.

Platinum Member
    I felt conflicted because of course her son looked so happy and handsome. Sigh.

Platinum Member
    Seems like we are all on the same page with this ....( well I know we are or I wouldn't bother posting my thoughts )

I look and think it is not just your group of friends you are mixing with that is taking a risk ..it is then everyone else all that group then comes into contact with and if they don't care enough to do it in the first place , are they conscious of the hygiene rules we are supposed to follow , are they careful ...do they give a e .

I have all that running through my head but then feel conflicted like you Batya cos you want to like/comment / congratulate etc etc

Sometimes I think I am turning into a monster the things that run through my mind when I see the rule breakers lol

I did report two posts on facebook in a group ...one was an anti vaxxer posting links and the other was someone saying * don't wear masks , build up your immune system .*

*sigh

Platinum Member
    we have our covid post lockdown announcement tonight at 7 ...are we coming out or staying in ...can we mix at Christmas etc etc ..we will find out tonight .

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice