Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 145 of 160 FirstFirst ... 142143144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1599

Thread: Emotional support group Covid19

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Is anybody else experiencing brand shortages at grocery stores? My sonís favourite peanut butter has been out of stock for five weeks. I havenít been able to get my no sugar added pudding, the lowest sugar option cottage cheese and sometimes the lowest sugar and carbohydrate brand Greek yoghurt sometimes for weeks at a time.

Frustrated. 🤯
    Yes- but more random shortages like steam in bag frozen corn, certain types of cookies, frozen food, cereal -and random depending on the week.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    Same said friend who thought to try to face mask shame me on FB suggested we meet out at an outside restaurant to celebrate a couple birthdays this week. . ?
    This suggestion was passed on thru a mutual friend. I'm kinda speachlesss. I haven't been to a restaurant since February and don't have a good enough reason to risk doing so.
    I suggested my patio, which we've done previously, so the messenger friend passed on the idea. She texts back hours later saying it was ok with my shaming friend because enough time had passed since the gender reveal party so feels safe being around me now. Did I mention she posted pictures of her w her family and her daughter graduation since then? wth?
    I'm kinda spinning over this seeing the messenger friend just returned from a family vacation too and posted all sorts of pictures. I don't know why I'm being held to a different standard and singled out.
    I came very close to saying I didn't want her over. Aside from feeling defensive I know I will tell her personally how I didn't approve with the way she's handled this w me.
    I took the entire day to respond agreeing to having these women over. I have between now and then to settle down and figure out how I want to say it.
    My bf on the other side had some choice colorful words about how I should handle this.
    I just hate how between the pandemic and the politics it's dividing relationships that I still want to preserve when this is all over.
    In the meantime some of my closest friends are out and about, in bars and groups acting as if it's just a normal day. It's my choice to not participate but it doesn't erase the disappointment of feeling left behind.
    It makes the issue with my shaming friend even more sensitive and I should n't need to defend myself to anyone. The other part of me says, ' You feel uncomfortable with me? Stay home. Your loss'

Working on my attitude. .
    So I have a friend who is definitely more casual about this - she asked us over for a playdate end of March - I said no, explained we weren't comfortable. Two weeks ago asked if we could meet her at the playground in the afternoon "when it isn't crowded" -and offered to take my son without me -to give me a break. I think that's completely lovely/thoughtful but i couldn't fathom letting him go to a playground let alone with her two boys and trust that she'd do "social distancing" -so I said no and explained we weren't ready to go to that playground but perhaps we could meet her in the field that was nearby one day for frisbee (I was going to relent on that because then we could do social distancing and I'm not as concerned about the surface of a frisbee). Surprisingly, she texted me a week or so later to see if we could do that and honestly I was really anxious but felt I had to say yes. Five minutes before we left to walk the few blocks to meet her the skies opened up so we cancelled -and she's taking her family cross country by plane this weekend for a month so it will be a long while before we reschedule. I felt relieved but it made me question my standards/boundaries. I am not judging her for taking more "risks " -she solo parents a lot, has two young children and is probably quietly going insane being cooped up lol. It just presented stresses I didn't need. I am thankful she is as thoughtful as she is.

Why not stop following these people and overdosing on bad news media? Who are "they"?

I know of no one who believes that. Keep in mind your risk of covid is largely based on your activities and some general demographics.

You can't get covid from idiots on social media or news media several states away.

Stick to the facts and mute the morons. Everyone is dealing with this and it's been hard on everyone.

Even reading posts like this is propagating bad fake news nobody needs to hear. Try to be more positive.
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    There are still way too many people who believe there is no virus and it's all a hoax. They say hospitals are lying when they say someone has Covid, either to "control" the population or to get mythical federal funding.
    Last edited by Wiseman2; 07-13-2020 at 03:09 AM.

Some time ago, I created a second facebook profile that is only for close friends and family members and "liked" pages with more lighthearted content, nature photos etc so my facebook feed wasn't endless politics and negative events. I was really strategic with who I had on this profile. It allows me to shut down my general account if the social media negativity gets too much and still remain in contact with the important people in my life. I recommend it.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Why not stop following these people and overdosing on bad news media? Who are "they"?

I know of no one who believes that. Keep in mind your risk of covid is largely based on your activities and some general demographics.

You can't get covid from idiots on social media or news media several states away.

Stick to the facts and mute the morons. Everyone is dealing with this and it's been hard on everyone.

Even reading posts like this is propagating bad fake news nobody needs to hear. Try to be more positive.

I'm sorry. My mental health issues are obviously getting worse and it's spilling onto this thread.

I'll stick to my journal from now on.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    My area moves to stage 3 Friday!!!

I feel bad for students and small business going under.

People are growing so tired of all this. The bad news feeling trapped.

I feel badly for the youngins and college students. I can complete my Masters easily online, whatever. But young kids need to be in school of some sort in order to properly develop, need that social interaction outside of family. College students are missing out big time.

I cancelled having the ladies over on the patio tomorrow night. I found myself reciting in my head over and over what I would need to say to one of my friends in order to clear the air and then caught myself . .'why?'
    It's just not how I wanted to spend my evening and figure if she's not comfortable being around me, (based on assumptions) then it's best to just pass on the whole thing.
    I am pretty good at letting things go, but how she handled this, trying to shame me on FB after I deleted her question, for her to just repost it is pretty aggressive. I refuse to defend myself.
    Our state has just rolled back openings and strongly suggest not socializing with non family members at this point. We are one step away with being asked to shelter in place. With that, I am going with it.
    And yet, she's the covid police and wanted to go to a restaurant?
    Half the year is over and feel like there isn't much to show for it. It makes me really sad.
    My daughter in law is having a drive by baby shower. Try to imagine that? I guess a couple of her friends have resorted to this. People drive by and drop gifts at the door. It's like a bad science fiction movie. . .that or a bad dream.

These people simply generate more stress. Avoid them and simply follow the CDC recommendations and recommendations for your area. This thing is stressful for everyone, not just a select few who can't understand the nature of this thing..

People have lost lives, loved ones, businesses, jobs, homes, health insurance, freedoms, relationships and these people are belly-aching about lysol and finger pointing because of their own angst but are far from being supportive..
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    the covid police

Videos

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity
Give Advice
Ask For Advice