Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 143 of 157 FirstFirst ... 140141142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1564

Thread: Emotional support group Covid19

Platinum Member
    I have a first playdate plan: this afternoon in a mostly empty field down the block with my friend and her two sons who are under 8. She's far more lenient but my rules will be that they can run around socially distanced, kick a ball/throw a frisbee that way - I will wear a mask but won't require my son to since he'll stay far away. I'll socially distance from my friend. I am nervous but all the science I know says that that is ok. If the field is crowded we'll leave. It typically is not on a weekday afternoon. I'll have sanitizer etc- my son is good at socially distancing -he is 11. I weighed the pros and cons -he really needs to see someone not on a screen and I will be there and be the total helicopter mom! I am nervous about it-wish me luck!

Good luck, Batya!

Having been on hand with some similarly structured playdates over the past two weeks, I'm confident it's going to go well for you, and for your son.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by bluecastle
    Good luck, Batya!

Having been on hand with some similarly structured playdates over the past two weeks, I'm confident it's going to go well for you, and for your son.
    Yes- I look forward to seeing my friend even though she cant' serve me tea and chocolate which she always insists on doing at her house!

Early pandemic my youngest son and his wife decided to go ahead with a gender reveal party for their upcoming new baby. 6 adults, including the 80+ yr old grandparents sat on the patio,6 ft apart while the millineals were seperated on the front lawn. Someone tagged me in FB with a photo goodbye to the grandparents and a friend thought to scold me, veiled in a congratulatory text. I waited a day to thoughtfully respond and merely mentioned the photo didn't represent the entire picture. I didn't offer any other explanation. I didn't feel the need to defend myself. I didn't plan the party and it wasn't my family. Besides, I thought her text was rude.

I try to remain respectful on how one chooses to manage this.
    You do you. I'll do me. We either meet in the middle or not.
    And if you thought to ask me rather than assume you'd know I am living on the very conservative side of this whole thing. It gets lonely and isolating at times. But she didn't ask.
    Fast fwd 2 months later, I golfed w a friend. We walked 9 holes and if you golf you'd know it's a perfect social distancing activity.

My friend tags us on FB Friday afternoon at the golf course. The same friend asks 'Did you wear a mask?' I deleted her post.
    An hour later she reposts it.

I wrote back " Well, if you insist. I didn't wear a mask on a golf course when I'm 10 ft or more away from the next person. But if I was to have garage parties for my neighborhood, then I might consider it. (she does this) But if I'd be happy to discuss it with you if you ever want to call me and talk about it"

We have mutual friends that are doing all sorts things and I can't figure out why she wants to publically call me out.
    Needless to say we won't be seeing each other any time soon.

Self appointed corona police who rant on social media should be blocked not acknowledged.

I see people on social media all the time doing things that are unsafe or against recommendations or guidelines. I don't say anything. I unfriend, unfollow, snooze or ignore. They're not going to change their behavior just because I say so.

My cousin's daughter is about to give birth. I'm worried anyway because she's 17 and having her second baby, but I'm praying for her and her child to have a safe birth due to current circumstances. I'm sure they'll take good care of them but I'm still praying.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    Early pandemic my youngest son and his wife decided to go ahead with a gender reveal party for their upcoming new baby. 6 adults, including the 80+ yr old grandparents sat on the patio,6 ft apart while the millineals were seperated on the front lawn. Someone tagged me in FB with a photo goodbye to the grandparents and a friend thought to scold me, veiled in a congratulatory text. I waited a day to thoughtfully respond and merely mentioned the photo didn't represent the entire picture. I didn't offer any other explanation. I didn't feel the need to defend myself. I didn't plan the party and it wasn't my family. Besides, I thought her text was rude.

I try to remain respectful on how one chooses to manage this.
    You do you. I'll do me. We either meet in the middle or not.
    And if you thought to ask me rather than assume you'd know I am living on the very conservative side of this whole thing. It gets lonely and isolating at times. But she didn't ask.
    Fast fwd 2 months later, I golfed w a friend. We walked 9 holes and if you golf you'd know it's a perfect social distancing activity.

My friend tags us on FB Friday afternoon at the golf course. The same friend asks 'Did you wear a mask?' I deleted her post.
    An hour later she reposts it.

I wrote back " Well, if you insist. I didn't wear a mask on a golf course when I'm 10 ft or more away from the next person. But if I was to have garage parties for my neighborhood, then I might consider it. (she does this) But if I'd be happy to discuss it with you if you ever want to call me and talk about it"

We have mutual friends that are doing all sorts things and I can't figure out why she wants to publically call me out.
    Needless to say we won't be seeing each other any time soon.
    I mean it's only her business if she's living with you or has to be right next to you all the time for some reason and needs to know her level of exposure (like my friend's sitter reported to her that he'd been exposed at a party). Yesterday a woman with a huge dog (no mask) wanted to come into the elevator bank with my son and me which wouldn't have allowed for enough space given the dog. I didn't tell her she should be wearing a mask -I simply explained through the cracked open door that my son and I weren't scared of the dog (she asked) but that we couldn't be that close to her so we'd walk out. Had she been wearing a mask maybe I'd have allowed it. But why lecture anyone -just tell the person your comfort level.

Also the public stuff is complete nonsense -because even if the person was innocently asking the public part means it's not innocent -it's shaming or attempting to shame.

One of my relatives is flouting the quarrantine orders as she left a certain state to go to another. She posted a photo of her kids in the state they traveled to. I simply clicked like because she's my family. But because I am upset at her behavior I didn't do a response detailing how adorable they are. I figured a like was sufficient and not supporting her carelessness.

Sorry about that, reinvent. So frustrating.

My feeling is that people, right now, are just kind of batty, a state not everyone deals with gracefully. Personal example, observed by my girlfriend and I? In our neighborhood someone—maybe a few someones?—has taken to very aggressively writing on the sidewalk in chalk to pick up after your dog. It would be hard to overstate how far from a problem this is in our neighborhood, with its perfect LA lawns and movie-set homes, and certainly not something that has gotten worse during the pandemic, which is to say the big change to our tranquil little pocket of the city is that the sidewalks are now covered with "shouting" about dog poop.

Conclusion? Someone is looking for a purpose in life during uncertain times, and has found that in becoming a canine excrement protester. Think the social media stuff you've encountered is kind of the same thing, and think you've handled it well, frustrating as it must be to have to deal with something so crumby at this crumbling moment.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by bluecastle
    Sorry about that, reinvent. So frustrating.

My feeling is that people, right now, are just kind of batty, a state not everyone deals with gracefully. Personal example, observed by my girlfriend and I? In our neighborhood someone—maybe a few someones?—has taken to very aggressively writing on the sidewalk in chalk to pick up after your dog. It would be hard to overstate how far from a problem this is in our neighborhood, with its perfect LA lawns and movie-set homes, and certainly not something that has gotten worse during the pandemic, which is to say the big change to our tranquil little pocket of the city is that the sidewalks are now covered with "shouting" about dog poop.

Conclusion? Someone is looking for a purpose in life during uncertain times, and has found that in becoming a canine excrement protester. Think the social media stuff you've encountered is kind of the same thing, and think you've handled it well, frustrating as it must be to have to deal with something so crumby at this crumbling moment.
    Maybe you just haven't seen it. I need as much of the sidewalk as is available at those times I need to socially distance so if some jerk didn't clean up after her dog I'd be even more upset.

My previous neighborhood, you were required to pick up after your dog. My new city? Not required at all. The strips of grass between the sidewalk and the street are absolutely covered in dog poo. I avoid stepping there because there is pretty much nowhere that's poo-free. The smell is awful.

I got the results of my Covid test I did yesterday (fast, right?). The result is "negative". It's a relief, of course. I would have been furious if it was positive because I literally only go to the grocery store, the pharmacy, the gas station, the doctor's office and the laundromat. Masks are mandatory here so it's not like I'm around unmasked people. I have not gone to a bar, a club, a restaurant, a bowling alley, a gym...shoot, I even cancelled my haircut appointment because even masked I didn't want to be around another person for a full hour. So if I had it, that would mean despite all my precautions I got it anyway which would be very unsettling. But it was negative, so that's a big relief.

I'll continue to be borderline overcautious because I want to stay safe.

Videos

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men
Give Advice
Ask For Advice