LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 140 of 170 FirstFirst ... 137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1699

Thread: Emotional support group Covid19

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Nick Cordero died of COVID complications. 😓

Feeling down today. US just continues to blow up with cases. I wish I could push "fast forward" on this, just wake up the next day to news that 300k people are gone but that we've somehow gotten through the pandemic. This months-long waiting period sucks.

Originally Posted by Fudgie
    Feeling down today. US just continues to blow up with cases. I wish I could push "fast forward" on this, just wake up the next day to news that 300k people are gone but that we've somehow gotten through the pandemic. This months-long waiting period sucks.
    I agree. This has been difficult but I kept in mind it was temporary and if we just discipline ourselves, keep our head down and push through it, there was a light at the end.
    Now going into 4 months later that light not only dimmed, I just can't see it.
    It's hard to feel hopeful when there doesn't seem to be an end point to work towards.
    I know it won't be this way forever, but we will feel the ramifications of all of this for years to come.

I find myself, as an American, comparing this moment to the way we handle gun violence compared to other nations, with the various "hot spots" and "spikes" akin to a Columbine, a Sandy Hook, an Aurora, a Charleston, a Sutherland. Zoom out on those 20 years—half my life—and you go: we are more okay with all this than not, or else we would behave differently, as a whole, rather than in pieces, pockets. Today we are seeing that on a less diluted timeline, with some different variables.

Doesn't make the present any less frustrating to live through, but I suppose it lessens some of the anxiety by seeing it more in line with how we operate than some sort of historic outlier. A known, more than unknown, if a somewhat illusory and/or jagged one.

I spend a lot of time wondering what the other side of this looks like—that "light" that, yeah, seems so dim right now. Sometimes my vision is optimistic, other times quite nihilistic. Most of the time it's foggy. So I take stock of my personal world, the tiny one I can actually see. I'm healthy, which is a comfort, as are most people I know, if not all. Some scotch tape, bubble gum, and origami skills have allowed for financial security through 2020, which makes for some breathing room. A hummingbird flew clear past my face a few minutes ago, close enough that I could hear its wings, feel the thrust of wind it generated.

That was as real as anything I read in the news, or the mask I wear when outdoors. It was nice. Sometimes the little things have to sub in for the big ones, I guess.

Utterly YES! Blue.

"A hummingbird flew clear past my face a few minutes ago, close enough that I could hear its wings, feel the thrust of wind it generated.

That was as real as anything I read in the news, or the mask I wear when outdoors. It was nice. Sometimes the little things have to sub in for the big ones, I guess".

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by bluecastle
    I find myself, as an American, comparing this moment to the way we handle gun violence compared to other nations, with the various "hot spots" and "spikes" akin to a Columbine, a Sandy Hook, an Aurora, a Charleston, a Sutherland. Zoom out on those 20 years—half my life—and you go: we are more okay with all this than not, or else we would behave differently, as a whole, rather than in pieces, pockets. Today we are seeing that on a less diluted timeline, with some different variables.

Doesn't make the present any less frustrating to live through, but I suppose it lessens some of the anxiety by seeing it more in line with how we operate than some sort of historic outlier. A known, more than unknown, if a somewhat illusory and/or jagged one.

I spend a lot of time wondering what the other side of this looks like—that "light" that, yeah, seems so dim right now. Sometimes my vision is optimistic, other times quite nihilistic. Most of the time it's foggy. So I take stock of my personal world, the tiny one I can actually see. I'm healthy, which is a comfort, as are most people I know, if not all. Some scotch tape, bubble gum, and origami skills have allowed for financial security through 2020, which makes for some breathing room. A hummingbird flew clear past my face a few minutes ago, close enough that I could hear its wings, feel the thrust of wind it generated.

That was as real as anything I read in the news, or the mask I wear when outdoors. It was nice. Sometimes the little things have to sub in for the big ones, I guess.
    I've never had to decide whether a new middle schooler should risk getting very very sick and making us sick vs. the awful ramifications of more online learning especially at his age and stage. Abstractions and looking at history - very interesting but I have to focus on gritty reality and practicalities later this week when we learn what our school district plans to do. Rock and hard place. So hard. He wants to go to school.

I get to be outdoors every morning for about 35 minutes around 6:30-ish. I love it -I agree -its such a welcome respite.

Totally get it, Batya.

I had to send my kids to school the day Columbine happened. They were grade school and middle school age. We lived nowhere near where that happened but still, it was upsetting to know that children could do such a thing and that there is no warning that a child is planning something like that. I can't even imagine having a school age child right now. I truly hope the school district is able to provide you with peace of mind.

There are some who say it's pointless to worry. Others, like me, take their fear and anxiety to an extreme. I'd love to be more middle ground in my point of view. But things that happened to me during my childhood have caused me to need control in order to get through each day. And of course there are many things that are out of our control. I can't control others who choose to refuse to do things to protect others. All I can do is minimize my exposure to others, keep myself as physically and mentally healthy as possible and hope for the best. And I choose to have people in my life who truly care about others. That helps out a lot too.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Totally get it, Batya.

I had to send my kids to school the day Columbine happened. They were grade school and middle school age. We lived nowhere near where that happened but still, it was upsetting to know that children could do such a thing and that there is no warning that a child is planning something like that. I can't even imagine having a school age child right now. I truly hope the school district is able to provide you with peace of mind.

There are some who say it's pointless to worry. Others, like me, take their fear and anxiety to an extreme. I'd love to be more middle ground in my point of view. But things that happened to me during my childhood have caused me to need control in order to get through each day. And of course there are many things that are out of our control. I can't control others who choose to refuse to do things to protect others. All I can do is minimize my exposure to others, keep myself as physically and mentally healthy as possible and hope for the best. And I choose to have people in my life who truly care about others. That helps out a lot too.
    Oh goodness. Columbine. I cannot imagine how you must have felt. I mean think of Sandy Hook too, right? Our son was not yet in any school thank goodness -never really thought about it in that way. I will try again to remind myself that I cannot control what others do. It's just not worth stressing myself out over it.Thank you.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    We have a probable case on Base. 🤦♀️

Platinum Member Butterfly~Wrists's Avatar
    Bojo opened pubs Saturday, already 3 have closed due to patrons testing positive for virus. One in my home county, next town over from the hospital that closed due to an outbreak. The economy is far more important apparently.

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice