LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 136137138139
Results 1,381 to 1,388 of 1388

Thread: Emotional support group Covid19

A friend posted an advertisement for a male dancer live show taking place this weekend at a club. They are selling tickets and also selling bottle service tables. I presume she plans to go. She has posted videos all during the pandemic that she recorded during these shows. She goes pretty much every weekend.

This is in the state that recorded the highest percentage of new Covid cases in the entire country. And it's in the most populous city in that state and this city has the highest number of cases in the state.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand this?

Please, everyone, please make good decisions so you all stay safe and healthy.

It may be best to use this time to clean up your social media especially since it causes so much undue anxiety. Simply get rid of all the dead weight and start unfollowing people who stress you out. Part of the pandemic stress is too much screen time.

If people are posting political or covid stuff that annoys, vexes and riles you this much it's best to unfollow that sort of trash. Keep in mind you need to be the guardian of your psyche, do not rely on others to post only appropriate stuff. Control what goes into your mind and soul.
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    A friend posted an advertisement for a male dancer live show taking place this weekend at a club.This is in the state that recorded the highest percentage of new Covid cases in the entire country.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    It may be best to use this time to clean up your social media especially since it causes so much undue anxiety. Simply get rid of all the dead weight and start unfollowing people who stress you out. Part of the pandemic stress is too much screen time.

If people are posting political or covid stuff that annoys, vexes and riles you this much it's best to unfollow that sort of trash. Keep in mind you need to be the guardian of your psyche, do not rely on others to post only appropriate stuff. Control what goes into your mind and soul.
    I have had to do this too.

I don't understand going out to public places like that. Even with a mask, I don't want to be around others like that.

Drink at home, people. It's cheaper and fun too.

Social media doesn't cause me anxiety. It's more that people I legitimately care about are behaving so recklessly. Like, going to a male dancer revue at a club is not essential! Aren't we supposed to limit our exposure to crowds?

And Fudgie, they are not wearing masks. I've seen the videos she posts. Not a mask anywhere. She's the same one who took her 86 year old grandmother out to a restaurant.

But I see your point, Wiseman. I'll just unfollow those people who are doing things that could endanger themselves and others. And hope they remain healthy and don't infect anyone.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Social media doesn't cause me anxiety. It's more that people I legitimately care about are behaving so recklessly. Like, going to a male dancer revue at a club is not essential! Aren't we supposed to limit our exposure to crowds?

And Fudgie, they are not wearing masks. I've seen the videos she posts. Not a mask anywhere. She's the same one who took her 86 year old grandmother out to a restaurant.

But I see your point, Wiseman. I'll just unfollow those people who are doing things that could endanger themselves and others. And hope they remain healthy and don't infect anyone.
    Yes. So my friend just got a new job -her husband hooked her up - she'd been struggling financially and medically (she has MS, ADD, etc). Two years ago her mother in law retired and moved to our state to help with their son who is now 10. She's awesome, I've met her a few times. She's also older so at higher risk for covid. Anyway my friend bragged all over social media the last few months about how she spent hours volunteering in a mask related venture. But her new job requires her to be in office a few days a week. She says she attends meetings indoors and while they distance no one wears masks. Her mother in law had quarantined for awhile before resuming helping with their son but now she does. But MIL won't come in their home anymore since my friend is now among people without a mask, indoors, etc. So they're having an outdoor bbq today where the mother will be outside in this heat.

My friend's rationalization "if I'm among strangers I mask up. I can't trust strangers. But if they're not strangers I don't. I'm comfortable with MIL coming inside of course-she and my husband are not. And if I end up getting exposed I'll just work from home for awhile" Hmmm. So someone you met a few weeks ago is not a risk so you don't need a mask?? Your MIL providing free help and childcare and moving to be close to your family doesn't count as far as prioritizing her comfort level? And she's exposing her family. Of course she has to work. But she could choose to wear a mask indoors -at least- and explain that she has high risk people at home. At least. It's her entitled attitude that really gets me. No I don't see her in person -I haven't in months. So I'm being judgey but it makes me emotional that intelligent people can spew this kind of nonsense.

The virus doesn't ask if you know one another before jumping from one person to the next. It doesn't ask if you're friends or if you share DNA and then decide to skip over because you know one another. And "knowing" someone doesn't make them OR you immune.

Plus, as she should know, her mask protects others and their masks protect her. And if everyone wears masks that is even more protection.

My brother told me one of his friends invited him to an event. He told her he wasn't comfortable and she said "wear a mask!!!" Again, if other people are not wearing masks he is not protected.

Another thing is when people tell me I shouldn't be afraid. Bring hand sanitizer, they say! Bring wipes! How does hand sanitizer protect me from people who are not wearing masks and are crowding around me? Am I supposed to splash them with hand sanitizer? Shove the wipe down their throat?

For me it's obvious. The information is out there, widely available. The virus is primarily transmitted person to person through their respiratory droplets. I don't see how dousing my hands with sanitizer is going to do anything about that. And if I'm the only one wearing a mask I am basically unprotected.

Last night I was doing what I thought was a benign activity, watching a YouTube video. But in the comments someone was carrying on and on about the "hoax". He says it is NOT real, the people who claim to have Covid have been lied to by their doctors, the hospitals are pretending to have Covid patients to "control" the minds of population, etc. Only one other person agreed with him. For the most part people ignored this person and just chatted about the video and other pleasant things. But holy cow, people seriously believe this stuff.

I wonder how many more people have to get sick and die before they start believing it.

Platinum Member
    So I do think for logical and also practical reasons your family unit is safe as long as none has been exposed - meaning itís fairly clear there was exposure. Iím not going to socially distance from my husband or son and we canít since we live together. But we would have to find a way to distance if one of us accidentally got exposed and then weíd get tested. I say accidentally because the way we live now it literally would have to be someone attacking me and spitting on me. Or like that.
    Next month things will change in my family as far as exposure because of changes in work and school.
    My friendís attitude scares me because if an educated intelligent parent of a young child can make those nonsensical and bizarre rationalizations she cannot be the only one.

Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 136137138139

Videos

What Does Betrayal Do To Relationships?

What Is Good To Know About The First Date

Online Dating Websites Most Frequently Used By Older Adults

Blogging Helps New Moms Handle Parental Stress

What Do Men And Women Want In A Relationship?

Benefits Of Online Education
Give Advice
Ask For Advice