LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 137 of 160 FirstFirst ... 134135136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1599

Thread: Emotional support group Covid19

I find it sad how many people are letting their guard down, getting antsy, etc and refusing to face the music. Obviously it's not a walk in the park, yet what's the lesser of two evils?

One step forward, and two back.

I had made some adjustments to my level of contact and made the choice to be around like minded friends. ( I thought ) We've golfed, sat in each others back yard, 6 ft apart. I've limited it to one or two people at a time and considered their life style and interactions with others. It wasn't often but maybe once a week and outside of just seeing my bf on weekends it was helping my mental outlook and I felt comfortable with my choices.

Well, that all fell apart last weekend.

I took Friday off to golf with my friend and after we met at her brothers house to use his pool.
    (they weren't home) We are talking about the whole pandemic and it was only when I pressed her she admitted 8 of her coworkers had the virus. Now perfectly annoyed she didn't responsibly volunteer it, I don't trust her based on how she handled this. We've had several talks about it and I can't help but feel she's withholding that information to suite her own purposes.

I went by another friends house to go through the side gate and sit on her patio like we have. She's has a really conservative view on this whole thing and recently suffered a neck injury due to a car accident, so she basically hasn't left her home. I get there to find out her daughter has moved home to quarentine, seeing she was exposed at her work. Granted she was in the house, but why didn't she volunteer this info prior to me coming over? Add to that, she rents a room to another friends daughter who had left the day before to move in with her boyfriend to quarentine having been exposed at her work. Seriously?!

I have long time male friend who is a care giver to his 85 year old father who has mild dementia and (stable) bladder cancer. I went by there a week ago to sit on his patio and have a glass of wine and came home. Day's later he calls me to tell me one of his workers (house painters) tested positive. But the more I pressed for info, the more he couldn't keep his facts straight. He had called me on Friday when I was golfing with my friend to give me the news. On Monday he calls to say this guy is now clear? And the 2nd painter was tested and is negative? This all happened in less than two working days, yet Eddie says he can't get an appointment for test or can't tell me when it is. I firmly told him that his time line doesn't add up and someone isn't being transparent. I haven't talked to him since. He called me twice yesterday, but I didn't take his call. I love Eddie like a brother, but he has a rep for being a bit of a BS'er. I just don't trust what he's saying to me and getting alot of double talk.
    My oldest son who's a firemedic who's been tranporting covid patients at work, who's department is experiencing their own exposures, with two in ICU and one on a ventilator, spent the entire weekend celebrating his birthday, at home with a couple dozen friends and bar surfing the following day in crowded beach community bars.
    So that's it. . .Hard dial back to isolation. Outside of my bf, no more limited social activities, soley because I can't trust people to use minimal common sense and be transparant about what's going on in their lives or only to tell me after the fact.
    Annoyed.
    Last edited by reinventmyself; 07-01-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Platinum Member
    Oh wow. Just wow. I am so sorry you went through this. This reminds me of times people have been less than honest about being sick/family members being sick, etc when I had my infant during the H1N1epidemic plus you know -newborn/infant vulnerability to illness. I'm the one who tells everyone if my kid recently had a fever and when he got over it -in non-covid times -if we're going to be around them, etc. I really don't get this. What is wrong with people?

Well, to paraphrase Field of Dreams, if you open it they will come. Particularly if they are bored and tired of staying at home. And particularly if they don't know anyone who has Covid. If no one they know has it, no one has it!

The ones I don't get are the ones who know for a fact it's real but choose to behave recklessly anyway. Again, because they're bored.

Imagine how isolated they'll be when they're in the ICU on a ventilator and no one is allowed to visit them. Or when they contract a milder case and have to stay home completely alone without even being able to go to the supermarket.

Reinvent, I'm sorry about all of this. I hope everyone turns out to be healthy.

I don't understand the mindset of some people. After I was exposed to a coworker who tested positive, I told my family immediately and isolated myself. I couldn't imagine withholding that info within the 2 weeks and visiting someone. If I didn't want to volunteer that info, fine, but I wouldn't be going out to see people!

Christ, I hate this.

As they say, "common sense is not so common."

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Fudgie
    I don't understand the mindset of some people. After I was exposed to a coworker who tested positive, I told my family immediately and isolated myself. I couldn't imagine withholding that info within the 2 weeks and visiting someone. If I didn't want to volunteer that info, fine, but I wouldn't be going out to see people!

Christ, I hate this.
    My mother-in-law and sister in law had the test and told us they had a negative test so we went saw they ( a month ago) and then told us they lied and were still awaiting results as we left. :/

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    My mother-in-law and sister in law had the test and told us they had a negative test so we went saw they ( a month ago) and then told us they lied and were still awaiting results as we left. :/
    Wow...did they say why they chose to lie?

My brother wants to come visit me but he (sheepishly) admitted he hasn't been practicing safe behaviors. He traveled 3 times (!) in the past month or so and has gone to restaurants (!!) and one gathering (!!!). I told him he can come but he will be sitting far away from me and he must wear a mask.

I'm considering trying to transfer to a location that is close to him. I would like to move back into his home and considered asking him. I know he would say yes, but I decided not to because having to go to work in a very crowded building would put me at risk and in turn, would put him and my nephew at risk. I can't do that to them.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Wow...did they say why they chose to lie?

My brother wants to come visit me but he (sheepishly) admitted he hasn't been practicing safe behaviors. He traveled 3 times (!) in the past month or so and has gone to restaurants (!!) and one gathering (!!!). I told him he can come but he will be sitting far away from me and he must wear a mask.

I'm considering trying to transfer to a location that is close to him. I would like to move back into his home and considered asking him. I know he would say yes, but I decided not to because having to go to work in a very crowded building would put me at risk and in turn, would put him and my nephew at risk. I can't do that to them.
    I am sure it is only because my MIL wanted to see us and that is all. 😡 Thank GOD they didnít have it and I had seen my mother at a distance before we saw them. You are so kind to consider your family.

Having a rough day, today. My dog died last week, and our weather is stormy, my work chaotic, and I'm feeling discouraged and disconnected from life in general. I know the feeling will pass. I'm grateful for all that is good, but am feeling a bit lost... Socializing feels trickier now that things are opening up and summertime has arrived.

Videos

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity
Give Advice
Ask For Advice