LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 135 of 157 FirstFirst ... 132133134135136137138 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1564

Thread: Emotional support group Covid19

The grocery stores are strange here right now. Difficult to find dried beans etc. and the price is high on those type of dry staples. Toilet paper is dirt cheap now and everywhere. People here seem obsessed with hand sanitizer now, as it's literally everywhere and everyone has a spritzer handy.
    But masks are a mixed bag. I noticed in the " nicer " neighbourhoods there is more mask usage on the streets and in the stores. The " less nice " areas are like the wild west, some wandering with bandannas on their faces but a lot of groups of people just hanging around as though this isn't a concern any more. Of course this generalizing, but I'm not the only one noticing this pattern.
    Meanwhile, in the small towns, I didn't see anyone wearing a mask. People still want to stop and chat, almost laughing this off.
    We have been quite lucky here but that's mostly due to lack of density. It's definitely given some people over confidence .

People are taking cues from the government. If they say it's safe to reopen that must mean the pandemic is over. And they will behave accordingly.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Thing is our government is pretty safety conscious. I know our Prime Minister and our Premier endlessly tell people that this isnít done ,wear masks ,wash your hands like itís endless. Our chief public health officerís are on TV every single day reminding us wash your hands wash your hands wear a mask wash. Our politicians wear masks in public.

I would say we have less of a wild west atmosphere.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    People are taking cues from the government. If they say it's safe to reopen that must mean the pandemic is over. And they will behave accordingly.
    I don't think most people are sheep-like - on my facebook groups they knew full well when reopening was driven by economics more than safety, or driven by safety.

I don't mean that are blindly following the government. It's more like an excuse...well, if the government says it's safe then I can go out as much as I want! And if the government only "recommends" masks I don't have to.wear one!

Have you all seen the fake "ADA exemption" cards people are making at home? The template going around has a misspelled word on it, plus the website listed is fake. These people think it will get them out of having to wear a facial covering. They are going to a lot of trouble to be able to possibly infect others.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    I don't mean that are blindly following the government. It's more like an excuse...well, if the government says it's safe then I can go out as much as I want! And if the government only "recommends" masks I don't have to.wear one!

Have you all seen the fake "ADA exemption" cards people are making at home? The template going around has a misspelled word on it, plus the website listed is fake. These people think it will get them out of having to wear a facial covering. They are going to a lot of trouble to be able to possibly infect others.
    Yes I saw and heard about this! I agree people make excuses when it comes to safety/risks/inconvenience -the ubiquitous "well I could get the flu too but I still go outside!" I get sick at the hypocrisy I see. May I vent??? Like my friend (yes a friend, I do like her!) who bragged and bragged about her volunteer work for hours and hours developing a face mask website (while her husband took over 24/7 child care so she could do this good work), then abruptly pulled the plug on her involvement because of too much drama, but of course weeks later bragged again on facebook when one of the other volunteers posted about the success of the project.

Or the friend who posted over and over again about wearing a mask and weeks later is posting about going to a friends' pool so their families could swim and bbq. The same people begging people to go out and protest with no focus on "do it safely/wear a mask" now admonishing everyone to wear a mask or stay home. Please.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    We had a big jump in cases today about 80 more cases than yesterday. But they are coming from three pocket areas where our province still has a problem. And one pocket occurred in the last week.

I can't stand the flu comparison. As a health care worker I hate flu season. Thousands of Americans die every year from the flu and that's with a vaccine. COVID has a higher morality rate and there is no vaccine, no treatment, and it does bad things to your body. Older people are at risk but it's killing young people too.

We will have 200k dead by winter. I know it.

We had a big country spike today 600 new cases.

Where in your country is the spike for you?

Videos

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men

Why Young People Don't Rush To Marry? They Fear Divorce
Give Advice
Ask For Advice