Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 134 of 157 FirstFirst ... 131132133134135136137 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1564

Thread: Emotional support group Covid19

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by happyfrank
    Cancelled my gym membership. I don't feel motivated working out while wearing mask at the gym. I will wait until Covid is cured.
    Our fitness room only partially reopened and I don't feel safe returning. I workout outdoors daily around sunrise. I see several people out there -at our jogging oval in the park -with various workout equipment and using the trees to hang things from-like exercise bands,etc. Some run ,some jog, some do yoga. Around 6:30-7 ish when I am out there are typically around 10 people out then. Sometimes there is someone running a small fitness class. I highly recommend it -my speed walk and workout really make my day-and a great start to the day. I don't wear a mask as we're all very far from each other.

Outdoor exercise has been recommended as being safer. It's easier to stay in your own space. An enclosed gym doesn't provide as much opportunity to maintain the recommended personal space.

Besides, being outdoors is nice! Especially when the weather is good. I only walk, but it really does feel good to be out there.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    We had a 4 KM family walk tonight.

I've only been walking outside for exercise. I don't see myself doing much else.

I do have a foldable treadmill for walking when the weather is bad. I've had that for a while, pre-COVID. Going into the fall/winter, I'm going to rely on it, especially if cases spike and we are forced underground again.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Outdoor exercise has been recommended as being safer. It's easier to stay in your own space. An enclosed gym doesn't provide as much opportunity to maintain the recommended personal space.

Besides, being outdoors is nice! Especially when the weather is good. I only walk, but it really does feel good to be out there.
    I go in all weather but I go at sunrise which is cooler plus less chance of a thunderstorm and yes it does feel good in many ways to be out there!

Originally Posted by Batya33
    Our fitness room only partially reopened and I don't feel safe returning. I workout outdoors daily around sunrise. I see several people out there -at our jogging oval in the park -with various workout equipment and using the trees to hang things from-like exercise bands,etc. Some run ,some jog, some do yoga. Around 6:30-7 ish when I am out there are typically around 10 people out then. Sometimes there is someone running a small fitness class. I highly recommend it -my speed walk and workout really make my day-and a great start to the day. I don't wear a mask as we're all very far from each other.
    That's awesome. Before gyms reopen I was hiking and running uphills around sunrise. I wanted to lift weights to help prepare my body for long distance running. It will have to wait. Besides I think 2021 LA marathon will be cancelled.

Platinum Member
    OK. Some states near me now have mandatory mask laws. There is an exemption for strenuous exercise and they are mandatory where you can't socially distance (whether outdoors or indoors). Someone on one of my facebook groups posted that if you can't wear a mask stay home (knowing there is no mandate where we live). So. Maybe I'm not understanding something. What am I doing wrong by going out for 35 minutes at around sunrise where I am far from anyone and if I am less than 6 feet away at any given time it's because someone runs by me for half a second (or vice versa) - which I know is also supposed to be safe when outdoors (and makes common sense too). Other than that occasional half second passing by within a few feet (possibly less than 6) I am far from other people the entire time. When I am on the sidewalk portion of my exercise I am alert to who is coming and if there is one other person coming, I distance myself in advance.

Other than that if I am out to walk to shopping I again am far from people. If I am in a supermarket I wear a mask the entire time. If I am doing takeout and it is not crowded and the server is far from me (typically behind glass or the person puts my bag on the counter as I come in and walks away, I've paid in advance) I don't wear a mask. I go to one fast food place where I have to order - I keep my distance and pick up my food in a different area after the person walks away. If they asked me to wear a mask there I would.

I'm not going to mask up when I work out outdoors at sunrise. I'd feel and likely get very ill. I feel encouraged that the states that mandate it make an exception for strenuous exercise and when you can be socially distanced. I don't get the admonition "wear a mask or stay home" because I find it extreme and unwarranted by all we know about how the infection spreads. Fortunately I never cough or sneeze in public. If I were to it would be into my elbow.

We are required to wear masks inside retail and food establishments and grocery stores and service establishments (banks, etc.). Also required outside if we are near others. Outdoor exercise is exempt unless you are walking in a group of people who are not part of your own household.

I wear mine when I walk because I do not go at sunrise (I'm usually still trying to sleep!) because my neighborhood is a popular walking neighborhood and I can't always get away from other people out walking. I do move into the street if someone is coming toward me on the sidewalk. And I move away from others. Even when I walk with my son or my son and his spouse we wear masks. We're all working (well, I will be working onsite soon) and we have all had Covid cases at our workplaces so we are trying to protect one another.

I'm willing to wear one and not complain because I wouldn't want to unknowingly infect anyone. But yes, there are definitely times where it isn't necessary. I see people wearing them inside their cars while driving. I don't do that.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    We are required to wear masks inside retail and food establishments and grocery stores and service establishments (banks, etc.). Also required outside if we are near others. Outdoor exercise is exempt unless you are walking in a group of people who are not part of your own household.

I wear mine when I walk because I do not go at sunrise (I'm usually still trying to sleep!) because my neighborhood is a popular walking neighborhood and I can't always get away from other people out walking. I do move into the street if someone is coming toward me on the sidewalk. And I move away from others. Even when I walk with my son or my son and his spouse we wear masks. We're all working (well, I will be working onsite soon) and we have all had Covid cases at our workplaces so we are trying to protect one another.

I'm willing to wear one and not complain because I wouldn't want to unknowingly infect anyone. But yes, there are definitely times where it isn't necessary. I see people wearing them inside their cars while driving. I don't do that.
    I think the people in the cars wear them so they don't have to go to the trouble of putting it on with unwashed hands when they get where they're going.

I agree. I go at sunrise because it's the optimal time for my mental and physical health and my son typically is up by 7 anyway so this way I am often back shortly after gets up. I do mornings -husband sleeps in. He's a night owl.

If I walk in an outside, open area with no or very, very few people, then I don't wear a mask. But usually in the parks, I will wear one as there are definitely some folks there and passing me or vice versa.

God, this whole thing really blows.

Videos

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men

Why Young People Don't Rush To Marry? They Fear Divorce
Give Advice
Ask For Advice