Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 124 of 144 FirstFirst ... 121122123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1440

Thread: Emotional support group Covid19

Originally Posted by Fudgie
    I've been able to see my family and gave my folks a huge hug. I am still isolated but I couldn't go on not seeing them anymore. I get tested a few times a week without fail now.

School is picking up. I have something to do now, which is nice considering I don't really have a life anymore.
    Iím happy to hear that you were able to see and give them a huge hug. Like you, I would have also gone crazy being isolated in my apartment for months and not seeing my folks.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by beatlesfan77
    Iíd be lying if I said I wasnít sad about things in the United States this past week. Now in addition to the virus, there has been protesting and rioting going on across the country.

You might have seen on the news, but a black man was killed in Minnesota on Monday after a white cop placed his knee on the manís neck for almost 10 minutes while pinning him to the ground. The man on the ground kept saying he couldnít breathe. Itís refreshing to know that justice will be served for the perpetrator and conspirators. However itís sad to see buildings getting burned in addition to businesses being looted and destroyed that had nothing to do with it.

As for myself, still surviving and spending quality time at my folks visiting and helping out with things. Been keeping in touch with my friends through texting and email.
    Yes, I saw that and it is horrifying. Just the death toll in your country the people all around everywhere not listening to anything . The story of George made me cry. We get pretty saturated with American news. People here are pretty horrified by all of it. I am sorry you guys have to endure all this.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Yes, I saw that and it is horrifying. Just the death toll in your country the people all around everywhere not listening to anything . The story of George made me cry. We get pretty saturated with American news. People here are pretty horrified by all of it. I am sorry you guys have to endure all this.
    Yes itís frustrating how some donít care and just do whatever they want. No regard for others. Iím staying optimistic, however I feel like this is going to be never ending.

Platinum Member Butterfly~Wrists's Avatar
    So despite a seaside town hospital having to close to new patients due to 100 staff testing positive for Coronavirus.. the lock down is still being eased. It's becoming extremely clear that the economy is far more important and they're pushing for herd immunity.

Life guards are being slated for not patrolling beaches, but how can they do their jobs safely? 3 people in the 2 stories I've read have drowned. It's been plastered everywhere that life guards are not on duty do not enter the water. But people still do and lifeguards get slated CPR literally requires mouth to mouth selfish people.

Although I admit I'm hoping we can visit in laws next weekend, I need a bit of normalcy my family drama is too much and I'm really struggling being a new mum with no support other than my fiance. I know they can't hold her, but to just get out of this bubble would be amazing.

Not covid but my city went insane last night. We were placed under curfew. Dozens of stores have been looted and smashed through the ENTIRE city, protests, things smashed, people shot, etc. My friends and I both heard gunshots and people were setting off fireworks close to me.

Police blocked the major roadways so I couldn't leave even if I wanted to.

Platinum Member
    Not covid but my city went insane last night. We were placed under curfew. Dozens of stores have been looted and smashed through the ENTIRE city, protests, things smashed, people shot, etc. My friends and I both heard gunshots and people were setting off fireworks close to me.

Same-ish. I'm so sorry about this.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared

I canít even watch whatís happening there it feels like I am going to have a heart attack and die. So I canít even imagine how you feel. I am so sorry. Last night on YouTube I watched a CNN crew almost flee for its life. We are thousands marching in protest in Toronto against civil law right now but it was peaceful. But thank you Covid spreaders. We had a young black lady die here this week . I agree with public protest that is peaceful but during a time where the law states that youíre not supposed to be more than five people. I canít say I completely understand their anguish because I am not targeted by people. So I will never know what that feels like. However ,we are going to be trapped at home much longer now. And your country will suffer big I think.

Originally Posted by Butterfly~Wrists
    So despite a seaside town hospital having to close to new patients due to 100 staff testing positive for Coronavirus.. the lock down is still being eased. It's becoming extremely clear that the economy is far more important and they're pushing for herd immunity.

Life guards are being slated for not patrolling beaches, but how can they do their jobs safely? 3 people in the 2 stories I've read have drowned. It's been plastered everywhere that life guards are not on duty do not enter the water. But people still do and lifeguards get slated CPR literally requires mouth to mouth selfish people.

Although I admit I'm hoping we can visit in laws next weekend, I need a bit of normalcy my family drama is too much and I'm really struggling being a new mum with no support other than my fiance. I know they can't hold her, but to just get out of this bubble would be amazing.
    We ,are still pretty much locked down here. We canít be with people other than members of our own household and you canít be in public with more than five people. Some other provinces might be different and have opened up more because they had far less virus than we did.

I was under a curfew last night and I will be tonight. Dozens of businesses were broken into, things smashed/stolen. I watched some of it live online through video, people just looting and pillaging. I couldn't sleep because loud noises woke me up and I would reach for my gun and then it would take me a while to get back to sleep. People are STILL looting as I speak right now.

I don't support these violent protests because most of the businesses hit were small ones and even some residences in some places. Someone tried to light an apartment building on fire too.

I am SO TIRED today, I am dead on my feet.

Originally Posted by Butterfly~Wrists
    How can life guards be blamed for that? What happened to either "do not enter the water" or "swim at your own risk"? Personally, I dislike guard-manned beaches so I don't swim with guards but I am a strong swimmer and that is a risk I am willing to take. If I drown then I drown, and it's either my own damn fault or a bad accident.

As someone who works in healthcare, I've had colleagues raise the question - what if we need to perform CPR on a stranger in the age of COVID? Do we do it? Well, I was in the "HELL NO" camp prior to COVID and I am still in it now. I will call 911 for someone but I will not administer CPR when I am outside of work unless it's a friend/family member. I also don't stop for car accidents I'm not involved in. I know that makes me sound like a__le but that's how I feel and I have not benefited from strangers in that way. It's just TOO risky...covid, crime, etc.

Videos

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships
Give Advice
Ask For Advice