Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Well, isn't really much, but I wanna know what you guys think :)

The statement itself is plain inconsiderate. Better not to say "I love my best friend more than you." Better to stay quiet and say something kind instead.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by tbh
    we're both 24
    This sounds like a teen comment. He sounds very insecure.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    Well, truth be told I'd be upset if my husband (then boyfriend) told me that he loved his best friend more than me. I think that statement right there lacks tact and consideration for another person's feelings especially if two people are supposed to be in love with each other. If my boyfriend told me that he loved his best friend more than me, I'd tell him to be with his best friend instead of me since obviously I'm not loved by him as much as his best friend!

I actually agree with your boyfriend. I wouldn't be happy in the least if my boyfriend or husband told me that he loved his best friend more than me. Are you kidding me? There's nothing immature about his reaction to this affront at all.
    They have only been dating a couple of months, though.

Aside from immature, clingy and annoying, this is a form of manipulation. Which can escalate into more controlling behavior.

Its often over looked, because you feel in control because his feelings are stronger. And you feel like "eh, maybe we arent there yet, so I won't be the one hurt". And your just going along with him...

Then before you know it, you are his world and all his problems are because of you.

Not saying this is definitely your situstion, but something to be aware of, especially, since you said you are serious...

To which, I say, you may want to explore your own feelings and what it is to be serious, then get you two on the same page.

Well, truth be told I'd be upset if my husband (then boyfriend) told me that he loved his best friend more than me. I think that statement right there lacks tact and consideration for another person's feelings especially if two people are supposed to be in love with each other. If my boyfriend told me that he loved his best friend more than me, I'd tell him to be with his best friend instead of me since obviously I'm not loved by him as much as his best friend!

I actually agree with your boyfriend. I wouldn't be happy in the least if my boyfriend or husband told me that he loved his best friend more than me. Are you kidding me? There's nothing immature about his reaction to this affront at all.
    Of course, it makes sense how he would feel, but how does he expect me to love him more just a few months into our relationship?
    I've known my best friend for around 7 years.

The statement itself is plain inconsiderate. Better not to say "I love my best friend more than you." Better to stay quiet and say something kind instead.
    You're right, because I did take that approach after I realized he was truly hurt

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    They have only been dating a couple of months, though.
    not really, we've been exclusive for around five months now

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    This sounds like a teen comment. He sounds very insecure.
    The fact that this is first serious relationship might add up too

Originally Posted by Lambert
    Aside from immature, clingy and annoying, this is a form of manipulation. Which can escalate into more controlling behavior.

Its often over looked, because you feel in control because his feelings are stronger. And you feel like "eh, maybe we arent there yet, so I won't be the one hurt". And your just going along with him...

Then before you know it, you are his world and all his problems are because of you.

Not saying this is definitely your situstion, but something to be aware of, especially, since you said you are serious...

To which, I say, you may want to explore your own feelings and what it is to be serious, then get you two on the same page.
    Hmm, does look like a possibility
    Thanks, I'll watch out :)

Originally Posted by tbh
    You're right, because I did take that approach after I realized he was truly hurt
    Glad you realize this. There are times when it's better to keep those "I love my best friend more than you" feelings to yourself because yes, people do get hurt. Then you regret blurting it out and causing bad feelings. No one needs that.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Videos

Can Facebook Destroy Your Marriage?

What Does Betrayal Do To Relationships?

What Is Good To Know About The First Date

Online Dating Websites Most Frequently Used By Older Adults

Blogging Helps New Moms Handle Parental Stress

What Do Men And Women Want In A Relationship?
Give Advice
Ask For Advice