Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: Lost in life

Lost in life

Ok so where do i start. Basically my ex amd i have 2 girls 16 and 21, youngest lives with me in our joint morgaged family home. She rents but still pays half the morgage as didnt want to see me struggle
    We have been split almost 2 years but in daily contact. Texts. Calls and occasional sleep overs.
    Contact is intigated from us both. She left me but both kmew it wasnt working after 22 years together. My question is do couples from long term relationships ever reconcile and move back intogether? There was never any infidelity! We always tell each other we love each other.

Platinum Member
    Sorry but good advice was given on your original thread. You need to cut contact with her to a bare minimum and only about the kids.

Continually replying to her random messages just leaves you stuck in life and posting here.

You need to focus your energy on being a good dad (not saying you are not) and meet new people, start new hobbies. It's a real cliche I know but it's true.

It's not impossible. There is such a thing as rekindling your marriage. I believe if there's concerted effort from both sides, you can reignite your love for one another. Not everyone discards 22 years together and if it's worth saving, give it a go with your ex given that you both tell each other that you love each other! If the desire is there from both sides, why not? Never say never.

It's possible but only if both people want that equally and are both willing to sit down and hash out what all wasn't working, how each contributed to the issues and most importantly, what changes you can both make together and individually to make life better going forward. Emphasis on both both both.

If only one person wants that or hopes for it while the other is at meh....never going to work. It takes two people working equally at it to make a relationship work.

Overall, don't take daily contact as something meaningful. Either ask her if reconciliation is possible and if not, time to cut the strings and start moving on. Living in limbo cannot be fun for you.

Thanks for your honesty guys. J hope we can work it out

Does she want to reconcile? Does she have someone new in her life? Why did she move out/end things? Have you fixed those things or did you just become like roommates?

My advice on this remains the same: [Register to see the link]
    Originally Posted by Darcus30
    We have been split almost 2 years but in daily contact. Texts. Calls and occasional sleep overs.

Just fell into the friendship zone. I haven't brought up the question yet as things are going smoothly.
    She dated a guy for a few weeks but he turned out to be abusive. So that ended.
    She said she only got with him cause she was lonely

Platinum Member
    I think you need to broach the subject sooner rather than later. Better to be rejected than stuck in limbo for the rest of your life

It can happen, if you have you or your partner has not slept with another person then there is a chance. But for this to happen, both need to be on the same page, forgive. Not get into debates about the past.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice