LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I feel like I've pulled the lever on the sh!+ show

Originally Posted by jul-els
    History is full of literally billions of people that no one knows ever existed.
    This made me lol.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Jibralta
    This made me lol.
    But who cares whether only the mother knew or more people knew. That's not what's important about existence. On social media it might be but social media is not the arbiter of what matters

Platinum Member
    All relationships are but a moment in time. And all of those moments stretch out the into infinity. Infinity is something that is beyond our grasp to understand. All we have is now. Make the most of it.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    American culture is -where I lived for my first 43 years in one of the largest cities -was hugely philanthropic and giving -I started doing volunteer work at age 14 and I'm 53 now and still regularly volunteer - I've worked with homeless kids, disabled adults, after 9/11, for a major public radio station to fund raise (as a volunteer), helped homeless women with interview prep and resumes, helped low income high school kids as a mentor and tutor, given a lot of $ to charitable organizations and still do and many many Americans (including my 11 year old who volunteers) I know do far far more -look at how they had to turn away volunteers in Tennessee recently after their tornado -there were too many volunteers! And on a small kindness level I see small kindnesses around me daily. Sure there are stereotypes of all sorts and it's a shame when those cliches and stereotypes are perpetuated especially the negative ones.

(And after 9/11 that giving spirit multiplied exponentially and did not stop -as you said we pulled together and put our differences aside.

I'm sorry you are in more of a high risk category. I'm 53, mom is 85, my husband's uncle is in his 80s too with underlying health conditions. It's not affecting everyone equally at all. We're so lucky to be financially stable, able to work from home, able to have Internet access and teach our child at home during this time. I have friends who might be bankrupt because of this. Others who were under isolation and quarrantine for weeks. So, no it's not affecting us all equally and we're keenly aware of that.

I hope you stay very healthy and well despite our difference of opinion!!!
    I have little desire to argue about it, not sure why you seem to want to, but maybe Iím getting the wrong impression. I do my part to contribute to human kindness as well on a daily basis, but thatís not really what Iím talking about. Iím talking about the fear and panic mindset that is prevelant in our culture and can be witnessed by people raiding store shelves. When I say it affects us all equally, I mean we are all equally vulnerable, not that we will all have the same outcome. Letís not panic folks, shall we? Weíre all in this together. Letís be considerate in this time. Itís a simple thing to ask for, but not an easy one to achieve, due to both human nature as well as basic survival instinct. The sky is not falling. At least it hasnít yet. Letís not rush to project doomsday on ourselves.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    But who cares whether only the mother knew or more people knew. That's not what's important about existence. On social media it might be but social media is not the arbiter of what matters
    I don't understand what you're getting at. What are you trying to say here?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice