Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Tell me if I'm wrong

Apologizing for one's childish behaviour that resulting in having your nose cut off to spite your face isn't being "meek" or "kowtowing" or "grovelling" or even "begging for forgiveness." (BTW: Pepper you did none of those things with a simple apology) It is being humble and realizing where you were wrong.

It's nice to read that you understands the difference, Pepper.

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Apologizing for one's childish behaviour that resulting in having your nose cut off to spite your face isn't being "meek" or "kowtowing" or "grovelling" or even "begging for forgiveness." (BTW: Pepper you did none of those things with a simple apology) It is being humble and realizing where you were wrong.

It's nice to read that you understands the difference, Pepper.
    Yeah, meek, kowtowing, groveling, begging for forgiveness. We're all entitled to our own opinions on this forum. I respect all of your opinions and I respect mine as well.

And, her co-captain husband wasn't wrong for taking it upon himself to invite the rude dude into the group without consulting with his co-captain wife? What is she? Chopped liver? Does her opinion and consultation not matter? Is she not co-captain as in co-manager?

Then the cherry on top of this sundae is that the rude dude ignores Pepper13? He's not even courteous, polite and well-mannered and instead ignores Pepper13? How awkward and rude is that?

Yes, Pepper13 apologized but her husband should've apologized, too since he had a part in all this. It's unfair for only one person to do all the apologizing when the husband is at fault with what he did such as not consulting with his CO-captain wife and invite the rude dude into the billiard group on top of that. At least the new member guy could've at least been a non-rude dude but he's a rude dude instead.

I agree to disagree.

As I've said before, I'm glad Pepper13 and her husband are enjoying the billiard group despite not consulting with each other as co-captains to invite the rude dude into their social billiard group. Happy pooling!

And, I will tell you straight up, I've been in familial situations with extended family members when there should've been apologies especially from the other side. However, in order to keep the peace, I am the one who groveled, apologized and asked for forgiveness despite wrongdoings done unto me. I swallowed my pride and apologized despite knowing that their apologies would never be forthcoming in a million years because some people deny fault to death, would never own up to it in a million years and it's simply never going to happen, period. They did take me back into their fold. We're all supposed to simply sweep everything under the rug, pretend it never happened and all is jolly and merry now, right? Uhhh, I don't think so. We're all supposed to accept others warts and all, "foibles" and all, right? Nope, not always. Granted, we're all at peace now but it doesn't mean I'll never forget what they did, said and wrote and what I had to do in order to make amends with them. Forgive? Yes. Forget? Never. And with that "never," a huge part of me got up and left or simply died.

For Pepper13's sake, I'm glad it all worked out for her nonetheless. For me, what was once a close relationship with some of those folks, either ended up with estrangement (with my former dear childhood cousin) or with some extended relatives and in-laws, there's always a permanent polite yet frosty distance. It can't be helped. Yes, there's peace but my previous unequivocal trust, devotion and loyalty has since died.
    Last edited by Cherylyn; 03-14-2020 at 06:04 PM.

This thread has run its course...Closed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Give Advice
Ask For Advice