Recent break-up need help

kire07

I have been dating a woman for 6 months, whom I have started developing strong feelings for. We have had small differences here and there, but nothing too serious. She is a single mother, who lives with her mom, has a full time job and she sells shoes on the side seasonally.

Recently her sister was discovered to have cancer, which was found fairly quickly and surgery was performed to remove it. Her mother decided to live with my ex's sister temporarily in order to help out. My ex has also been going to her sister's home on a daily basis in order to help disinfect the surgical wound.

Yesterday I asked her if she was going to be busy, and she told me she was, then texted that her daily commitments smother her and now that she has much work she has tried having a relationship but she doesn't want to and cannot and her business is more important above all. This naturally hurt me, I have always attempted to help her in her needs and see her around her schedule and to hear this is devastating for me. I have given her her space before when she was busy, but it seems as if this is definitive. Please help me with advice

Sorry to hear this. She has too much on her plate. All you can do is leave things open and see if she reaches out.

She is a single mother, who lives with her mom, has a full time job and she sells shoes on the side seasonally. My ex has also been going to her sister's home on a daily basis in order to help disinfect the surgical wound.

I'm sorry this hurts and big internet hugs to you. Unfortunately, I think you need to work on healing and moving on from her.

When life happens, people will either turn toward their partner for support and comfort or away from them. In this case, she didn't just turn away, she ended the relationship. What this means is that she wasn't as fully into it as you were. Please do not wait on her to become less busy because busy is just a polite excuse to end what's not quite working out on her end.

She doesn't have the physical time or emotional space to be present in a relationship right now. She is being honest and fair with you about it. I know it hurts, but my hope for you is that you can find the gratitude to be appreciative that she didn't string you along. With time you will heal and move on and find a more appropriate partner for yourself. Stay strong.

She doesn't have the physical time or emotional space to be present in a relationship right now. She is being honest and fair with you about it. I know it hurts, but my hope for you is that you can find the gratitude to be appreciative that she didn't string you along. With time you will heal and move on and find a more appropriate partner for yourself. Stay strong.

Well put.

Sorry OP - breakups suck.

This naturally hurt me, I have always attempted to help her in her needs and see her around her schedule and to hear this is devastating for me.
Yes, of course you're hurt. In time you'll feel better and you'll find someone who will have the time and who will want you in their life even when they are over taxed with what life brings them.

You are lucky to have found out fairly quickly that she isn't that woman and you can now heal and be open in heart and mind to find the woman who can give back to you what you are willing to give to her.

One day at a time will get you to the blissful stage of indifference to your ex.

Archived