Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update on my mother

Platinum Member

Update on my mother

Here is a link for reference to the situation. [Register to see the link]

She got through the surgery with flying colors, which I was very relieved about. They then sent her to a skilled nursing facility for physical rehab. She wanted to go straight home which would have been a terrible idea and I was able to talk her into going to the SNR. She has been there for a week now, doing her therapy twice a day, six days a week.

The initial prognosis was they'd be able to send her home within three to four weeks if everything went well. Today she called me and send they were taking her back to the hospital. She has an infection on her breast and they don't like the look of it. I just got this news from her a couple of hours ago. She said she'd call me as soon as she knows anything else, so I'm just waiting for her call at this point.

I've been taking care of her dogs since she was admitted, going online to submit her payments on her bills, and generally looking after her house, which currently has two tenants in it and she's trying to rent a third room. I renewed her ad on the room a couple days ago and she's been getting calls on it and I am planning to meet with the applicants and set up and direct any moving in arrangements if we find a suitable applicant, collect the monies, open the house for them at move-in, etc.

I was optimistic that she would be out in a couple more weeks, but now I'm back to being worried again. I just have to wait for her call and see what she says.

Platinum Member
    I'm sorry. Do they have any idea what the problem is?

Have your siblings stepped up?

She is lucky to have you!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    I'm sorry. Do they have any idea what the problem is?

Have your siblings stepped up?

She is lucky to have you!
    She said it's an infection in her breast. I don't know anything else about it at the moment. I made my brother and sister aware of it and my sister texted me back. My sister lives about a three hour drive away and has problems with her feet. She stayed about an hour closer to my mom for a week and was going to visit her everyday, but the drive was bothering her feet so much that she had to go back home before the week was up.

Platinum Member
    Ok, so they looked at her in the hospital and are sending her back to the SNF this afternoon. They wanted to re-admit her and do further testing, but she refused, of course. So...back to the drawing board... *roll eyes*

Your mother is in good hands and closely monitored, jul-els. Try not to fret.

You're a great daughter.

I'm sorry to hear that, jul. Sending good vibes your way, and hoping it all gets resolved soon.

Platinum Member
    Duplicate post. Disregard.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Cherylyn

You're a great daughter.
    Thatís good to know since Iím her son! Lol! ;) You have no way of knowing that since my gender isnít posted and my screen name does sound rather feminine. And I know Iím kinda touchy feely sometimes too, lol. Thank you for your support Cherylyn, I appreciate it!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Cherylyn

You're a great daughter.
    But itís not her caretakers Iím worried about. Itís her. She refuses treatment at every turn. So frustrating.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by jul-els
    But itís not her caretakers Iím worried about. Itís her. She refuses treatment at every turn. So frustrating.
    Oh yes, so much more helpful when they are stubborn. Ugh!

Has you brother been in contact?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice