LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update on my mother

Platinum Member
    I hope she continues to heal and recover!

Glad she's being looking after and they've caught things. Just think, had the hip issue not come about, the other things would have gone untreated.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Yup, four nursing homes have refused to take him because of his temperament.
    My mom's not nasty or disrespectful like that. She's a nice person, but once she's decided how things are going to go, then that's how they're going to go, period. There is no amount of reasoning in the world that will make any difference. What can you do with that? Nothing. Nothing at all.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    Glad she's being looking after and they've caught things. Just think, had the hip issue not come about, the other things would have gone untreated.
    Well, they caught things, but they're being left untreated. Simply because my mother refuses treatment. That can't do something for her that she refuses to let them do. So, just like your signature says, it is what it is.

Originally Posted by jul-els
    Well, they caught things, but they're being left untreated. Simply because my mother refuses treatment. That can't do something for her that she refuses to let them do. So, just like your signature says, it is what it is.
    oh ouch. I did read that. My mom was stubborn too. Frustrating!
    We had the total role reversal where I became parental and a few times got down right angry and pushed her to the right thing like a parent would. . . not fun for sure.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    oh ouch. I did read that. My mom was stubborn too. Frustrating!
    We had the total role reversal where I became parental and a few times got down right angry and pushed her to the right thing like a parent would. . . not fun for sure.
    Yeah, that's what I did when it came to getting her into the nursing facility. I had the comments from the case worker that we both sat there and listened to at the same time to back me up. So I used that as a logical bargaining tool to get her to make the right decision. But I get tired of arguing with her and I can only do so much. It's her life and I have to respect her decisions, even if I think the decisions she's making are poor ones.

Just tell her if she continue treatment the faster she will get herself home.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by smackie9
    Just tell her if she continue treatment the faster she will get herself home.
    Yeah, I have. Doesn't seem to have any effect. She just kind of ignores it. I'm telling you, this lady has a level of stubbornness unlike anything you've ever seen.

But itís not her caretakers Iím worried about. Itís her. She refuses treatment at every turn. So frustrating.
    My mom was the same. But in the end, when things got real she had regrets and was afraid. It was mind bending as her daughter, to be frightened and mad at her at the same time.

If I could go back, I would have been harder on her. Not sure it would have changed things but I wouldn't have regrets that maybe I could have done more.

but that's the grief talking . . .

No worries at all, Iím just trying to lighten the mood. :) Her infection has been ongoing for a very long time. She mentioned something to me about it a couple years ago at which time I recommended she see a doctor, but she refused. Sheís very strong, tough and stubborn. Always has been.
    Thank you for forgiving my mistake, jul-els!

I hope your mother gets the medical attention she needs so her infection will heal and recover. I agree, it is worrisome indeed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Videos

What Does Betrayal Do To Relationships?

What Is Good To Know About The First Date

Online Dating Websites Most Frequently Used By Older Adults

Blogging Helps New Moms Handle Parental Stress

What Do Men And Women Want In A Relationship?

Benefits Of Online Education
Give Advice
Ask For Advice