Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Update on my mother

  1. #11
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,582
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    Oh yes, so much more helpful when they are stubborn. Ugh!

    Has you brother been in contact?
    Yes, he replied to my text. He just said, “not much we can do” and he’s right. My sister similarly expressed her frustration. We can only do as much for her as she’s willing to accept. *shrug*

  2. #12
    Platinum Member Cherylyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    2,395
    Originally Posted by jul-els
    Thats good to know since Im her son! Lol! ;) You have no way of knowing that since my gender isnt posted and my screen name does sound rather feminine. And I know Im kinda touchy feely sometimes too, lol. Thank you for your support Cherylyn, I appreciate it!
    Oh my! I'm sorry, jul-els. Oops, I meant you're a great son! Wow, that was embarrassing for me! My apologies!

    I hope your mother's infection heals and recovers properly and quickly and it's a relief that her surgery was a success!

  3. #13
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,971
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by jul-els
    But its not her caretakers Im worried about. Its her. She refuses treatment at every turn. So frustrating.
    Old age seems to come with a second childhood and a refusal to believe they cant do certain things anymore. I hope things heal quickly. I understand your frustration.

  4. #14
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,582
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    Oh my! I'm sorry, jul-els. Oops, I meant you're a great son! Wow, that was embarrassing for me! My apologies!

    I hope your mother's infection heals and recovers properly and quickly and it's a relief that her surgery was a success!
    No worries at all, Im just trying to lighten the mood. :) Her infection has been ongoing for a very long time. She mentioned something to me about it a couple years ago at which time I recommended she see a doctor, but she refused. Shes very strong, tough and stubborn. Always has been.

  5.  

  6. #15
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,582
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Old age seems to come with a second childhood and a refusal to believe they cant do certain things anymore. I hope things heal quickly. I understand your frustration.
    Oh this isnt a new development, lol. Shes always been this way. My way or the highway. Thats my mom in a nutshell.

  7. #16
    Platinum Member smackie9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Surrey BC, Canada
    Posts
    2,032
    Gender
    Female
    Ever try the reinforcement method? We do it with kids, like "if you clean your room we will go out for ice cream." So figure out what she really likes and bargain with her. Tell her you will take her out for pannekoek after her appointment.

  8. #17
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,971
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by jul-els
    Oh this isnt a new development, lol. Shes always been this way. My way or the highway. Thats my mom in a nutshell.
    Both my in-laws are this way too . At the hospital my FIL kicks his food tray across the room if he doesnt want it.

  9. #18
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,582
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by smackie9
    Ever try the reinforcement method? We do it with kids, like "if you clean your room we will go out for ice cream." So figure out what she really likes and bargain with her. Tell her you will take her out for pannekoek after her appointment.
    Well, that could be an option once she gets back home and depending on how much of her independence she will be able to maintain. Right now she's bed ridden in a nursing facility, so all I can do is hope she cooperates with the treatment being offered her there and that she gets back home relatively well again.

  10. #19
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,582
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Both my in-laws are this way too . At the hospital my FIL kicks his food tray across the room if he doesnt want it.
    Oh boy. That's cantankerous.

  11. #20
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,971
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by jul-els
    Oh boy. That's cantankerous.
    Yup, four nursing homes have refused to take him because of his temperament.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Videos


Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •