Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Is love as best friends enough for a marriage?

Originally Posted by Batya33
    It's not just about wanting sex with the person -it's about the whole romantic chemistry and passion - wanting that person in a romantic sense which -at least to me -should be almost inseparable from the package -meaning there's not this separate "he's my best friend AND I want him sexually" - but "he is my partner in every way " -
    Oh come on ..who you kidding..you know sex and sensuality are important for you..(no need to be shy now)..ha ha..romance..chemistry ..passion are all linked to wanting sex..it's an integral part of the jigsaw it..take that away and you just have a good mate :)

I agree with what I wrote above, too, Batya33.

Back to OP, Sarah102, if there's anything missing in your boyfriend, it's better to seriously reconsider marriage plans now than to ignore that little voice inside you which tells you otherwise. Marrying despite your misgivings would be a mistake you could very well regret later.

When I married my husband, I never felt he was only my best friend nor did any of my romantic feelings die after the infatuation or honeymoon phase was over.

Marriage is a very serious commitment. If you're not 100% certain, don't go through with it. Better to err on the side of caution.

The thread has run its course, closed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Give Advice
Ask For Advice