I think my husband wants to cheat on me

Ive been with my husband for 12 yrs, married for 9 months and we have a 3 month old baby.

I've had a traumatic birth and have been diagnosed with postnatal depression. I know I haven't been easy to deal with since I gave birth, lots of mood swings and have let myself go.

Today my husband left his phone in the kitchen so I decided to just look up some stuff on it (which I always do and he doesn't mind as I only usually just use his Facebook and look at photos)

I stumbled upon a note pad and saw something he wrote on it last week which caught my attention. It prettt much says he's going to be fit and healthy and will f***k other chicks and that he'll be making a hit list of girls he's going to sleep with. He's already got someone on the list and it's an old friend of his.

I don't know what to do or what to make of it. I'm really upset and trying really hard not to breakdown. What should I do?

How is the marriage in general? You need to get professionals involved in a multi-pronged approach. Get to your doctor about the depression and get to a therapist for support. Improve your overall health. Get help with childcare. Privately and confidentially tell the therapist your findings and decide what you wish to do about it. While this may be him venting some frustrations and fantasies, it may also indicate the beginning of an emotional disconnect.

What was the reason you two didn't get married sooner? I don't think what he wrote is consistent with being married and a new dad. Is he depressed as well? What kind of treatment are you getting for your PPD? I'm sorry you're going through that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived