Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I got rejected by my male coworker

I got rejected by my male coworker

I agree with Tinydance.

Itís your self esteem that got a blow. Youíre not terminally ill because of this. Hurt feelings will pass.

Keep your job professional. Do not hit on managers or bosses! Maybe he saved you from getting a bad reputation at work. Maybe he saved your job, that you do not need to quit because or rumours and bull co-workers might mess with.

Keep your work strictly professional. When you get to know your co-workers, go out on AW and do stuff after work. But do not have dating in mind. Most people want to have private life and work as far apart as possible!

I think your manager did the right thing.

I also think you need to rethink your perfect Ēguy-magnetĒ. Girls (or guys) that think noone can resist them...I run like crazy to the oposite direction. I think people who have unrealistic high self esteem are a bit scary.

Originally Posted by Devs
    Iím mortified, I feel like I crossed a line and now itís going to be awkward. I feel as if maybe heís just a flirty type of person and I read into it wrong so he used the professional thing as an excuse. I mean heís not my manager but had a manager position so I donít understand why outside of work we couldnít see each other. Iím so afraid itís gonna be awkward and do not want to see him Monday but I will have too... any advice on what to do and to get me to stop feeling so ty about myself.
    I think you're ok. From his reaction, it sounds like he's willing to put the whole thing behind you, which means you just have to do the same. Nothing to be ashamed of unless you remain stuck in the past. So, one foot in front of the other for a few days and the situation will resolve itself.

I understand how much that hurts. But you never know what he is going through in his head. Maybe rn isn't the right time for him, he could have gone through a breakup, he may have other issues, he may just want to keep it professional because it may not be appropriate in his head. It might even be the age gap. You never know, try not to take it personal because it might not be the right timing for him but he might still be interested in you. When you got to work just be try to be normal again. That's a lot better than it being awkward (worst feeling ever). Just be coo with him and hopefully he'll be coo with you. But for now, maybe distract yourself. You can smoke some weed or go on tinder or do whatever is fun for you. :)

I loved that feeling when you find a cute guy at work who you really seem to get along with. This same situation happened to me before and it felt great and all, the guy would even get close to me at times and we would give each other ďthe lookĒ ya know. But we were never able to get things going ya know. But at the end of the day he was more dedicated to his job than to getting into a relationship with a co worker. Which in the end I think was a good idea. Relationships with co workers can get messy really fast. My best advice would just to keep being the boss you are, make your money and forget about office romances. Because thatís what he is doing, he is looking out for himself and his future. I wouldnít take it to personally if I were you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice