Will she know I still care for her?

Hopelessnick

I'm 24m, she's 24f. I'm guessing she knows I like her. Anyway, we're both journalists and colleagues. I tried sparking an attraction with my crush yesterday and a little today by using playfully arrogant humour. Previously, I was nice and tried her laugh with normal humour, but I don't think it worked.

Eg. yesterday, she went to the scene of a crash overnight and before she went I said "So that's what you were up to last night." She stumbled for words before saying "yeah. probably was me."

Another example yesterday, she was looking through crime stats in the past few months. I said "My name might be there. Keep it a secret if it is ok?" She gave me a thumbs up.

One more example, at the end of yesterday, she said "I'm gonna leave now. She joked "Do I have permission?" I said "Let me get my list. Hmm. 1. Get her to give me half her payslip. 2. Get her to get me a pay rise. Oh. Sorry. Wrong list." She laughed a little.

So she didn't really laugh at my jokes for most of the day, but she did interact with me more than usual and enjoyed it. At one stage, her mum brought her dog into the office and my crush came over to my desk, stood centimeters away from me and called the dog to come over to me.

We had a good 2-3 minute chat before she left and she laughed at almost everything I said and had a really good time.

In the work meeting this morning, she said to everyone "A man said to me he was going to have breakfast, but would happily eat me out instead." I stayed silent cause I didn't know what to say. One of the other girls helped her out.

I tried to make her laugh to make her feel better. I went to the high school she used to go to and when I came back I said "So I spoke to your former teacher. He said you were a trouble maker, skipped school heaps and blew up the science block cause you didn't like the teacher." She didn't laugh. Just nodded a couple of times and just kept looking at her computer.

We didn't talk for the rest of the day until she left. She still talked to other people in the office.

Here's the thing. Just before she left, I called out to her and softly said (so that no one else could hear) "Are you alright after what happened this morning?" She didn't look at me, but she had the biggest ever smile I had ever seen. She said "Thanks for asking, That's actually very nice. Thanks for asking."

So is she not interested? And even if I don't check up on her in future because I'll leave it to others, will she know I still care? If she isn't interested, I won't interact with her as much, but I want her to know it doesn't mean I don't care.

It's in your own best interest to stop harassing coworkers before she reports you to management. Stop reading pickup artist material.

My advice about this remains the same.https://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=563807&p=7202114&viewfull=1#post7202114

I'm 24m, she's 24f. I'm guessing she knows I like her. Anyway, we're both journalists and colleagues. I tried sparking an attraction with my crush yesterday and a little today by using playfully arrogant humour.

In the work meeting this morning, she said to everyone "A man said to me he was going to have breakfast, but would happily eat me out instead."

What the?! Her comment is totally unprofessional and inappropriate.

I went to the high school she used to go to and when I came back I said "So I spoke to your former teacher. He said you were a trouble maker, skipped school heaps and blew up the science block cause you didn't like the teacher." She didn't laugh. Just nodded a couple of times and just kept looking at her computer.

Did she ask you to visit her High School? Did I misunderstand this? Otherwise, what the?! That's harassment. Maybe you don't see it that way, but a thing like this is considered harassment at the workplace.

My advice to you: It's in your best interest to keep it professional at work. Don't put your job on the line. You're better off finding women in meet-up groups. Any in your area?

It sounds like you hope to get fired. Stop being antagonist rude and just weird. Your tactics are more akin to a twelve year old boy annoying, insulting and teasing. Stop. It's very creepy.

I came back I said "So I spoke to your former teacher. He said you were a trouble maker, skipped school heaps and blew up the science block cause you didn't like the teacher." She didn't laugh.

Archived