Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: Broke up with boyfriend of 4 years and need help please!

Broke up with boyfriend of 4 years and need help please!

So Iím 25 and my ex has just turned 33.

About 8 weeks ago my dad passed away very suddenly and it really took a toll on me, about two weeks after his death my ex and I got into a massive argument over something silly (he had become distant since the passing of my dad). Well the day after the massive argument I rang him whilst he was at work and decided that I needed to leave and for us to break up, he wasnít being supportive of my family (Iím a carer for my sisters) and I donít blame him because my god are they ed up but I felt like I had to chose between him and my family and he said he felt like he was ďlosing himselfĒ so I thought the best thing would be for me to leave.

Well since then Iíve realised this was the stupidest decision Iíve ever made, however he wonít talk to me. I just feel upset that after nearly 4 years together itís ended like this?
    I suppose Iím just looking for some advice as to whether I can make it right between us, we had a very loving relationship before my dad passed away, we had our issues but nothing major.

Iíve accepted the role I played in the break up, I can be extremely hot headed. Iíve also lost weight and started online therapy and Iím feeling really good atm! However I know I made the wrong decision in leaving my ex.

So my questions are does anyone have any stories of getting back with an ex and being okay? Or does anyone have any ideas on how to contact him without seeming needy?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated please! I know people say exís are exís for a reason but I honestly would love to make things right between us.
    Last edited by JessicaAnne1; 04-21-2020 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Missed out some information

Originally Posted by JessicaAnne1
    about two weeks after his death my ex and I got into a massive argument over something silly (he had become distant since the passing of my dad). Well the day after the massive argument .
    What was the massive argument about?

Heíd gone out to the pub for the night and he wasnít answering his phone so I was very worried because he always answers his phone. So I was ringing him and joking saying ďyouíre sleeping in the spare bedroomĒ and ďbish why arenít you answering meĒ so when he eventually came home I was sat watching tv and he responded ďdonít start!!!Ē And then we just argued and I tried walking off and he was like ďyou always walk offĒ so I responded with ďI donít like your behaviour right now thatís whyĒ.

Multiple accounts are not allowed. Thread closed.

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice