Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 254

Thread: This is a strange one

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    176
    Originally Posted by jul-els
    You don't exist to be her or anyone else's provider. We all provide for ourselves. If you start a family with someone, you both need to provide for your family. But she definitely does not sound like the person you want to start a family with. I would just move on and leave it behind you.
    Definitely easier said than done. Itís hard when everything else was flawless. I know she flees/felt the same way.

  2. #12
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22,468
    Too much drama. Find a better woman.

    Does she work?

    Congrats on returning to school!

  3. #13
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,579
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by captaindrey
    Definitely easier said than done. Itís hard when everything else was flawless. I know she flees/felt the same way.
    Her hot and cold behavior is not respectful and should be a red flag to you. Her communication with is very poor, which leaves you with a wondering what you did wrong. Is that what you deserve? That is who she is. Itís neither fair nor realistic to expect her to change. I suspect that deep down you realize this.

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    176
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    Too much drama. Find a better woman.

    Does she work?

    Congrats on returning to school!
    Hey there! Thanks after switching careers it seemed like the right thing to do. Iím entry level meaning I have more free time and the company supports my area of study.
    She does work. Sheís a special education teacher. Really passionate about her work which is something that attracted me to her. She has a great heart. She had an bad car accident that left her to realize her friends werenít her real friends and she dropped them so she kind of had a start over as well. Itís just such a strange situation.

  5.  

  6. #15
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22,468
    Returning to school is a smart thing to do! It can be exhausting but well worth it.

    Her commutation style is very extreme. What would happen if you had a family, would she block and walk out?

  7. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    176
    Originally Posted by jul-els
    Her hot and cold behavior is not respectful and should be a red flag to you. Her communication with is very poor, which leaves you with a wondering what you did wrong. Is that what you deserve? That is who she is. Itís neither fair nor realistic to expect her to change. I suspect that deep down you realize this.
    You know what really gets me? Is that the time we were good was so good and thinking about her in that setting makes me sad because itís not going to be with me. And I like her too much to say ďf it I donít care.Ē Iím not a knight in shining armor but I know Iíd do the best I could to make her happy. Making my partner happy is how Iím happy.

  8. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    176
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    Returning to school is a smart thing to do! It can be exhausting but well worth it.

    Her commutation style is very extreme. What would happen if you had a family, would she block and walk out?
    I donít think so. Itís unknown but I do feel like itís a commitment that she wants to take seriously hence the reason she backed off. I wasnít there yet though. I definitely want marriage and kids but we were only 5 months in.
    She has mentioned that sheís ďoldĒ and wants that soon. Iím 32 and sheís 30. I canít argue that train of thought but I want something thatís built on more than age.

  9. #18
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22,468
    Just some things I think you should think about. Very seriously. Not only for a future, but simply dating.

  10. #19
    Super Moderator HeartGoesOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    16,956
    Gender
    Female
    She's obviously "high maintenance" as well as wants what she wants, and wants it now. I'd take a serious look at what the future would hold. Based on that, are you willing to roll the dice?

  11. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    176
    She said she blocked me the first time because she didnít know how Iíd react. One of her exís really hurt her after she broke it off so she didnít want that to happen again.
    She has since unblocked me from everywhere.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •