LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Age Difference an issue

Is Age Difference an issue

Hi it been awhile but i have a question?

I am with my girlfriend for 6 years she is 25 and i am 37. We both love each other. But i wondering if the age different is an issue. I want what best for her and her happiness is important to me. I know if breaking up would be hard but if it for the best i would do it for her. So this part that will get interesting. While we are getting serious, our relation was on Down Low, now we meet parent and let them know we dating but i just dont know how people would think about it. i never thought i would be dating someone younger than me because i am alway more attractive to older women except for my girlfriend which is an exception. but before going any further i want to know if the age different is something to be concern about.

That is not an alarming age differential. What's alarming is that it needs to be secret. Why is that?
    Originally Posted by chai28jm
    our relation was on Down Low, now we meet parent and let them know we dating but i just dont know how people would think about it

You wrote that you have been with her for six years. How come you are asking this now? Weren't you concerned about her happiness back then? Or is it that you have grown bored and are looking for an excuse to bolt?

Typically when people use phrases like "before going any further" they are describing the early months of romance, not something that has consumed six years of their life. You've already gone quite far, in other words, regardless if much of that journey took place "on the down low." Why has this been a secret for so long?

I guess I'm struggling to see the age difference as the issue here, but maybe something you're focusing on right now to avoid focusing on that issue, whatever it is.

Well I got hera job where i was working and did want it cause an issue with work,
    Last edited by chai28jm; 03-03-2020 at 10:18 AM.

No far from it i want married her

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    That is not an alarming age differential. What's alarming is that it needs to be secret. Why is that?
    Well I got hera job where i was working and did want it cause an issue with work,

Originally Posted by Clio
    You wrote that you have been with her for six years. How come you are asking this now? Weren't you concerned about her happiness back then? Or is it that you have grown bored and are looking for an excuse to bolt?
    No far from it i want married her

Originally Posted by bluecastle
    Typically when people use phrases like "before going any further" they are describing the early months of romance, not something that has consumed six years of their life. You've already gone quite far, in other words, regardless if much of that journey took place "on the down low." Why has this been a secret for so long?

I guess I'm struggling to see the age difference as the issue here, but maybe something you're focusing on right now to avoid focusing on that issue, whatever it is.
    well is just start that way and i guess we were ok with a few close friend know we are together. we just don't broadcast it like that. meaning like on social media. not like we hide to go out or anything like that. both of our family does know of it.

Sounds like you are looking for confirmation you should end the relationship. If she was the love of your life, you wouldn't care what anyone thought. You have so much doubt. You have such a nonchalant attitude, that you have np breaking up with her if it was for her own good.....on one truly in love says that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice