LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I reply

Should I reply

Boyfriend of 4 months broke it off by text a week ago. He has been suffering from depression and anxiety but things were good between us. We were in contact everyday and saw each other once or twice a week. Had discussed the fact that he was tired and didn't have much energy to meet up but it was constructive communication with no arguments at all.
    Everything seems fine but then out of the blue he sends me a text where he breaks it off.
    Haven't replied to his text and not sure if I should. I still want him back but I'm also well aware that since he broke it off he should be the one reaching out.

So now my question is wether or not I should answer his text if I still have a bit of hope left and want him to reach out if he gets to a better place. My friends are telling me not to answer him..

Sorry to hear this. Not much you can do but give him the space he wants.
    Originally Posted by lolastub89
    He has been suffering from depression and anxiety but things were good between us. Everything seems fine but then out of the blue he sends me a text where he breaks it off.

I wouldnt write back to him. He's dumped you and should he change his mind he knows how to contact you. Then you can decide how you feel.

He's told you he's breaking it off so just leave him alone now and get on with trying to connect with someone new when you're feeling better. You don't need to be with someone you've only know for four months who is depressed and unmotivated. If you are COMPELLED to respond then thank him for the time together, encourage him to get professional help for is depression and then say take care of yourself.

You can do better than someone who is suffering in mental illness. This isn't like you are married or have been together for years and he suddenly was inflicted with depression. This is a short term thing wherein "till death do you part" or "in sickness and in health" are relevant.

Let him be as he needs to be in therapy and on medication for what ails him (if he's not already). If he does reach out to get back together tell him you're not interested. As I said, you can do better.

Platinum Member
    He ended it so let that be the ending. It wasn't a good connection. He told you himself he was tired and didn't have the energy. Accept that for what it is. Close this chapter and let yourself and him move on to a better place.

After he broke up with you by text, I wouldn't give him another thought. He made it clear as to what he's all about.

Next...

Thank you for all of your responses. Iíve decided not to reply and therefore NC. I just need a little time to get better. And you guys are right I can do better!

Originally Posted by lolastub89
    Thank you for all of your responses. Iíve decided not to reply and therefore NC. I just need a little time to get better. And you guys are right I can do better!
    Good for you! Read my sig...

I agree with others. If he broke up with you via text, he's not a real man. He didn't do the right thing by summoning the courage to tell you in person so don't give him the time of day. What goes around comes around.

Ignore, ghost, block and delete. Good riddance!

Yup, that isn't cool to do over the phone.

If you truly still have feelings for him then maybe wait it out/be there for him if he does does anxiety. I know some people with chronic anxiety and its not pretty place. But that being said, history has a way of repeating itself.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice