Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Why did he disappear

  1. #21
    Platinum Member ThatwasThen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Central Canada
    Posts
    14,632
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by flor97
    We dated for several months. I am getting over him and no longer wanting to work it out. The only sad thing is when a shopping trip turns into a sad situation as I remember how we used to shop together and go to the same places I still go. I'm moving on. I realize he was not able to handle a long term relationship although he wanted to.
    They say it takes about two weeks for every YEAR you were in a relationship to get to the stage of indifference to the person (if you go zero contact) if that's the case then you can take some relief in knowing that (now that you have accepted) you'll only be feeling the sting of no longer being in his life for just a short while more. You'll be fine in no time at all and be open to finding a good man worth being with.

    Onward and upward.

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    10
    That seems interesting only two weeks for every year. That seems a short amount of time for a year.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    10
    I find it's best to forget the mementos as well. He would visit me at work and leave letters in my car door so when I was done I would see the note in my door, notes that read I love you, you're the only one for me. He bought me beautiful jewelry and other gifts. It's best to get rid of all of the presents and letters he wrote me as to not be reminded. He took me to restaurants and showered me with gifts, it's best to separate myself from the situation by getting rid of those things.

  4. #24
    Platinum Member ThatwasThen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Central Canada
    Posts
    14,632
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by flor97
    That seems interesting only two weeks for every year. That seems a short amount of time for a year.
    It is only short if you keep on like you have with this guy instead of accepting it's over, going zero contact and actually believing you are NOT going to work it out. Its two weeks AFTER you accept that. You didn't accept that (I have my doubts you even have yet). So how long are you going to keep feeling like chit due to your own non-acceptance?

    Burn the letters and let your attachment to him drift away with the smoke of his superficial writings.

  5.  

  6. #25
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,985
    Originally Posted by flor97
    I find it's best to forget the mementos as well. He would visit me at work and leave letters in my car door so when I was done I would see the note in my door, notes that read I love you, you're the only one for me. He bought me beautiful jewelry and other gifts. It's best to get rid of all of the presents and letters he wrote me as to not be reminded. He took me to restaurants and showered me with gifts, it's best to separate myself from the situation by getting rid of those things.
    And you liked that??? Thatís all superficial crap?
    Why was he going to your work and leaving notes on your car door? Was he unemployed and nothing else to do???

    Sounds like he found someone else to butter up?

    Sorry !

    Why are you so stuck on his words from the past and not heeding his words of the present?

    Bipolar or not , he is still an 18 year old with flippant behaviour.
    He didnít end it out of mental illness , he ended it because he is a hormonal 18 yr old .

    You mentioned that you rarely messaged him after he broke up with you. One message after him breaking up with you was one too many!

    Donít lose dignity over this. Please?!

  7. #26
    Silver Member dion333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    UK
    Age
    30
    Posts
    381
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by melancholy123
    He's 18! The male brain doesnt fully mature until age 25. He has a long way to go.

    He's a kid, you need to remember that. He is learning his way around the dating world. He let you down the only way he knew, and you have to accept this. Bipolar or not, he's still a teenage boy. Find someone closer to your own age.
    Nice caring kind response-NOT!

  8. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    10
    Originally Posted by dion333
    Nice caring kind response-NOT!
    Right like "it's ok to treat someone like dirt as long as you're a certain age"... uh no
    Last edited by flor97; 03-11-2020 at 01:59 AM. Reason: mispeliing

  9. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    10
    Originally Posted by Billie28
    And you liked that??? Thatís all superficial crap?
    Why was he going to your work and leaving notes on your car door? Was he unemployed and nothing else to do???

    Sounds like he found someone else to butter up?

    Sorry !

    Why are you so stuck on his words from the past and not heeding his words of the present?

    Bipolar or not , he is still an 18 year old with flippant behaviour.
    He didnít end it out of mental illness , he ended it because he is a hormonal 18 yr old .

    You mentioned that you rarely messaged him after he broke up with you. One message after him breaking up with you was one too many! (A friend advised me to message sometime after the breakup).

    Donít lose dignity over this. Please?!
    I know it's very strange. This situation left me thinking what was that all about?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Videos


Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •